Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Huntsville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm on the other side of town, but sounds like it may be worth the drive. Unfortunately they made the jack points on the Model 3 even smaller than the Model S, so I don't think hockey pucks or Model S custom spacers work for it. I may have to buy some custom spacers to bring there, I've seen a few online.
View attachment 314999
Who in the Huntsville area would be interested in getting together and meeting over a meal during the next couple of weeks?

I would. Depending on time and location of course. Maybe create an event or something and see what sticks.

Looking for other Tesla owners in Huntsville, Alabama. The mobile van operator told me that there were about 50 Teslas in the area.

2012 Signature Series #38 - Big Cove

On a side note : Installed the HPWC this weekend and my car doesn't recognize it while all self checks within the HPWC check out. Tesla service did remote checks and said it was an issue with the charging port, then mobile service tech called and said that it wasn't. I'm now totally confused. Anyone have any recommendations for further checks, pretty disappointed in Tesla's mobile techs.

2012 Signature Series #38 - Big Cove

On a side note : Installed the HPWC this weekend and my car doesn't recognize it while all self checks within the HPWC check out. Tesla service did remote checks and said it was an issue with the charging port, then mobile service tech called and said that it wasn't. I'm now totally confused. Anyone have any recommendations for further checks, pretty disappointed in Tesla's mobile techs.

Would you like to try another Tesla on your HPWC? Or try yours on another HPWC?

@Arrowpine, @up2geek, @ifwinterends, @Alben, @geoalan, @kgolfer, and @Audan2009 have all expressed an interest in meeting other Tesla owners in the Huntsville area. I am also addressing anyone else interested.

I am proposing we all meet for dinner at 5pm on Wednesday 9/12. I suggest we meet at West End Gril, 6610 Madison Pike Ste 109, Huntsville, AL 35806. However, I am putting forth this date, time, & venue as an initial proposal only. I am open to adjustments if it increases our attendance. Please give me a yes/no on whether you are in, or propose any adjustment in the plans. I will then finalize via private message so I can reserve sufficient space.

I will say that I have seen a dramatic increase in Tesla sighting in the several few weeks. Sometimes 2/day compared with 1/week previously. Some of my most recent sightings were two Model 3 on Blake Bottom/Mt. Zion last week, and on Friday, a white Model X at Gillespie and County Line, and another Model 3 driving into Liberty Middle School.

tesladamage.jpg

I plan on coming to West End Grill...not sure if my car will be there though.

Got hit in the parking lot at the Jones Valley Target while my wife was inside shopping. Fortunately the lady waited around for her to come out. Any experiences with Service King in TN or the new Tesla body shop in Marietta? Marietta's a trek, but may be worth it for a 1st party repair.

Got hit in the parking lot at the Jones Valley Target while my wife was inside shopping. Fortunately the lady waited around for her to come out. Any experiences with Service King in TN or the new Tesla body shop in Marietta? Marietta's a trek, but may be worth it for a 1st party repair.

Monrovia Body Shop has long had a reputation as the best paint shop around.

Throwing another kink in the works, consider Woody Anderson Ford. Big Ford dealer gets a lot of body work. Years ago my insurance company sent me there with a Prius. Ultimately Monrovia did the work but I wasn't unimpressed with what I saw at Woody Anderson. And if any aluminum is involved then no one has gone through more training and practice on aluminum than a Ford dealer since the F150 became aluminum.