Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Huntsville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone recommend an electrician for the at home charging
I got a really good price from an electrician who only charged me $80 labor to install my wall charger + materials (i.e. wire, breaker switch). Granted, it was installed right below the panel and didn't require installing a run of wire through the walls, but the lowest quote I got from anyone else was $500. PM me for details.

I came here to find out where to get my tires rotated, so this thread made me very happy. I'll be headed to Discount Tire in teh next few hundred miles.

I took delivery of my MC Red July 2018 MS P100D on April 3rd. My wife has seen the REDSHFT Tesla in town, she thought it was me at first! My vanity plate is BRNC0AT.

I've also seen the N4HHE Model S on County Line Rd more than a few times recently as well.

It's good to see so many Tesla's in the neighborhood!

Reactions: Mike1080i and N4HHE
Does anyone know if the mobile tesla service will swap out tires? Im getting a M3P+ and going to be picking up a spair set of 18' for tsportline for colder weather (to many potholes during this time) but I dont have the equipment to swap the tires myself.

Does anyone know if the mobile tesla service will swap out tires? Im getting a M3P+ and going to be picking up a spair set of 18' for tsportline for colder weather (to many potholes during this time) but I dont have the equipment to swap the tires myself.
I doubt it. Mobile service is backlogged for the Huntsville area. Why not try Discount Tire? They will do flat repair and tire rotations for free, even if you did not buy your cars from them. They might do it for very little.

One thing the Mobile Technician did tell me when he replaced my headlights on Tuesday was that Tesla is thinking of giving Huntsville its own dedicated Mobile Service Technician. Right now, Huntsville is served one day per week by a technician based out of Birmingham.

Thanks for the info!

Im down to try any place, just read some stories of tire places not knowing how to lift a tesla and figured id play it safe. Is there a Discount Tire you regular?
There is only one Discount Tire in the Huntsville area, at the corner of Hwy 72 & Wall-Triana in Madison.

A Tesla should always be lifted with spacers on the dedicated lift areas, were there are plastic rectangles with holes in them. Various places sell spacers that will fit into these holes, thus ensuring correct placement. Without these, you can use simple hockey pucks. Be sure to place the car in "lift mode" prior to lifting it. I always supervise Discount Tire employees while they lift it to make sure it is done correctly, and many of them already know the correct manner.

Discount Tire, even after I and others have been using them for over a year, still does not have a proper set of spacers. What they do use are circular metal spacers that they have for other purposes. These will work fine. If you need a set of hockey pucks immediately, I will sell you mine (I paid $4/each). I replaced mine with these, which make it harder to misplace during use.

Any recommendations for getting a full paint protection film done for an M3 without driving to Atlanta or Nashville?

Also, when you swap out tires for winter tires, does anyone know if the M3 can fit 4 tires inside with the seats down? Seems like one of these storage areas around here could make a killing storing just tires in one of their currenly-unused indoor storage spaces. They could store a lot of tires in one of those spaces and charge like $4/month/tire. (My garage is full, so I think of these things)

-Blue Model 3, SR+, April 2019, County Line Road

Electricians: I had my Nema 14-50 put in by Lee Company. They had to put in a new box (20 year old house and the original box had some problems). But while he was doing it I had him add a whole-house surge protector. It was ~$300 for the surge alone but I sleep better when the car is plugged in and there are thunderstorms, although I suspect there is also ample surge protection in the charge adapter.

(Years back our house was hit by lightning and it took out our upstairs Heater/AC along with everything plugged in to cable or electricity)

Any recommendations for getting a full paint protection film done for an M3 without driving to Atlanta or Nashville?
I highly recommend Freddie Louis Auto Accessories. I got a full-body wrap of PPF on my Model S almost two years ago and they do careful, exceptional work. I have had reasons to go back in a few times since then and they always take good care of any concern.

Ask to speak directly to Freddie and please tell him that I (Darren, Red Model S) sent you. Freddie is exceedingly polite and has high standards, and I enjoy working with him.

Also, if you want to see the work they did on my car, send me a private message and we can arrange to meet.

Chance encounter of a 2nd-day owner of an AWD Performance Stealth M3 at Dunkin on 72. Awesome car. It will take a long time for his grin to wear off.

Also, if said owner is reading this, I was suggesting that in retrospect for my changing driving needs I would have gone for the LR for myself, not suggesting that for your choice.

Anyway, Welcome to the community. It is really growing. I was driving in Research Park and happened to get behind a gray Model S. Then a gray M3 merged in front of him. For a somewhat rare car it was something to see an ad-hoc parade spontaneously form. But of course it had to dissipate a few blocks later.

I know there is a Facebook group for Teslas in Huntsville. I am not a Facebook person so I hope local Tesla owners will still frequent this board also.

- Blue 4/19 M3 SR+