Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owners in Huntsville, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for other Tesla owners in Huntsville, Alabama. The mobile van operator told me that there were about 50 Teslas in the area.

My first Ranger visit in 2012 told me there were three other Tesla EVs in north Alabama. :cool:

Recently when I was charging at Bridge Street a card was left on my windshield for the facebook group Tennessee Valley EV Drivers ( www.facebook.com/TennesseeValleyEVDrivers ).

I've seen numerous Volts, Leafs, a couple of I3s and one Karma while zipping around the valley, but not many Tesla EVs. However, there are enough EVs now that I don't get a charging spot at Bridge Street every time.

Reactions: SucreTease
Maybe if we can find a few others, we can arrange a meet & greet?

Bob Wilson (an i3 owner) posted on Facebook:

Bob Wilson added 4 new photos.
March 24 at 11:03am ·

I am working on a 'flash mob' EV, plugin, and hybrid car meeting on Saturday, April 21, the day before EarthDay April 22. I've spoken with Tyson Salken of Rooster's Crow Coffee Roasters, 8402 Whitesburg Drive, Building H, about:

1) Under awning parking so minimal rain risk. Tesla X parking on dead-end strip to avoid overhead awning.
2) Start at 9:30 AM with technical meeting (I'd like to talk charging technology and approaches, a PowerPoint presentation. Let me know of other potential technical speakers and subjects.)
3) 10:00 AM, adjourn to open public with informal car show-and-tell. I plan to take folks for test drives over at Haysland's mostly empty parking lot and area.

As we work out the details, I'll post here and suggest any who wants to lend a hand or have suggestions to post comments.​

• Informative
Reactions: SucreTease
Hey everyone, I just configured my Model 3 and will be joining the club in 3-6 weeks. I've seen pictures of two different Model 3's in the area, but still haven't seen one in person. I used to see one Tesla a month in Huntsville, and now I easily see 1-2 per week.

Do you have a silver one? I am currently in Birmingham (moving to Huntsville in July), but saw what I thought was a silver Model 3 at the beginning of June when I was in town to show my parents the new car. I couldn't tell 100% since we were going in opposite directions on 565.

Do you have a silver one? I am currently in Birmingham (moving to Huntsville in July), but saw what I thought was a silver Model 3 at the beginning of June when I was in town to show my parents the new car. I couldn't tell 100% since we were going in opposite directions on 565.
Nope, mine is black. Oddly enough the first Tesla I passed in Huntsville after getting my car was a silver Model 3.

Does Tesla Mobile Service do tire rotations in Huntsville? I'm close to my first rotation and don't really want to take it to a local shop if I can avoid it.
You can get a great job done at Discount Tire, located at the corner of Wall-Triana and Hwy 72, and they will do it for free. They have been extremely accommodating of my needs as a Tesla owner. They allow me to drive it into the bay myself. And they give my car special attention. One thing I would recommend is bringing in a set of hockey pucks (or equivalent spacers) to avoid the floor jacks from contacting the battery shield. They told me they service all high-end vehicles using only floor jacks in a bay without lifters. After I went there, they told me they would need to order a set of spacers to have on hand. If you need to borrow my set, I would loan them to you.

I can't recommend Discount Tire enough. They run an amazing operation, and the cleanest tire store you will have even seen. They don't do anything but tires (not even alignments—they claim that it is so that customers know they won't be up-sold on other services), and they fix flats and do rotations for free (even if you didn't buy your tires there). I will be buying all my tires there.

Ask for David, the service manager. Please tell him that I referred you (he will know me as "The Guy with the red Tesla").

Reactions: N4HHE
You can get a great job done at Discount Tire, located at the corner of Wall-Triana and Hwy 72, and they will do it for free. They have been extremely accommodating of my needs as a Tesla owner. They allow me to drive it into the bay myself. And they give my car special attention. One thing I would recommend is bringing in a set of hockey pucks (or equivalent spacers) to avoid the floor jacks from contacting the battery shield. They told me they service all high-end vehicles using only floor jacks in a bay without lifters. After I went there, they told me they would need to order a set of spacers to have on hand. If you need to borrow my set, I would loan them to you.

I can't recommend Discount Tire enough. They run an amazing operation, and the cleanest tire store you will have even seen. They don't do anything but tires (not even alignments—they claim that it is so that customers know they won't be up-sold on other services), and they fix flats and do rotations for free (even if you didn't buy your tires there). I will be buying all my tires there.

Ask for David, the service manager. Please tell him that I referred you (he will know me as "The Guy with the red Tesla").

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation! I'm on the other side of town, but sounds like it may be worth the drive. Unfortunately they made the jack points on the Model 3 even smaller than the Model S, so I don't think hockey pucks or Model S custom spacers work for it. I may have to buy some custom spacers to bring there, I've seen a few online.
Model3JackPoints.JPG

New model 3 owner in South Huntsville. Just picked it up in Nashville last Friday. Will be getting tint, chrome delete, ppf. Installed the wall connector myself this Monday on a 60amp breaker. 44mi/hr.

Attachments

• IMG_20180713_165529.jpg
    IMG_20180713_165529.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image-20180716_205643.jpg
    image-20180716_205643.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20180718_182253.jpg
    IMG_20180718_182253.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: ifwinterends