TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Owners in New York City

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Seegem, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Seegem

Seegem Member

Hi, other than myself, are there any Tesla owners in NYC? Let's form a group, get together, support each other, and share info.

For starters, I have an S, and have reserved an X. I live in Hell's Kitchen, and am trying to work out charging solutions with my building (They are so unbelievably stubborn and difficult); I live at Mercedes House.

Where do you all charge?

Cheers,

Mark

2. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

We need a "Metro NY Tesla Club" there is a black Roadster in northern Bergen County close to the city and a Dr. in Ridgewood NJ has a red Roadster. With Paramus getting a store soon there will obviously be more around.

3. RoadsterWarrior

Road Rally this Sunday October 7 at 9 am! Meet at West Point Museum Parking Lot!

Let's have a Road Rally this Sunday!

The leaves are changing and the Hudson Highlands are gorgeous!

We'll meet at 9 am Sunday October 7 at the West Point Museum Parking lot (you'll know us by the mobs of Asian tourists in buses refusing to go into the museum, and instead photographing the Roadsters!

(Rain cancels!!! We'll pick another Sunday if the weather isn't nice.)

Then: up 218 (it is beautiful), back down, up to the top of the Bear Mountain, then crusing down-- recharging all the way!!!--then over the Bear Mountain Bridge-- maybe stop at the scenic overlook--
    then we'll end at at my house in Montrose New York--
    long driveway, but my Tesla does it everyday--
    have lunch, catch up about Teslas, and anyone who needs to charge can play tennis or hit golf balls while charging on my 220.

What do you need to participate:
    1. A Tesla Roadster (or an S!) or an equally hot electric car (is there one?)
    2. Yourself & a passenger if you want
    3. R.S.V.P. to me so I have some idea of who we are meeting!

What will I provide? A simple lunch (sandwiches & soda) and a charging station!

Questions? Send me an e-mail at [email protected].

Photos from last year: Update Your Browser | Facebook

4. herbvdh

herbvdh Member

5. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

Seegem - several charging locations shown on http://www.plugshare.com/. Nearest one appears to be in parking lot at 500 W 56th St...says to ask valet for details. Please confirm for others if you check it out.

6. Stan_Alcorn

Stan_Alcorn New Member

Hello,

I'm reporting a story for National Public Radio and am trying to speak with Tesla owners, ideally in the New York area, about their buying experience. If you are interested in speaking with me, please send me an email: stan (dot) alcorn (at) gmail (dot) com. I'm looking to speak with someone by mid-next week (approximately the end of October).

Thank you,
    Stan Alcorn

7. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Sailing a Tesla

New Yorkers,
    My son and I are heading out on our first real Model S road trip in a couple of weeks - I am arriving with my son in NYC for our first stop. I used to race J-24's out of Manhattan Yacht Club - 20 years ago! My son has asked if I could get us out there. I'd love to do that. Anyone have a connection I could contact? I have sailed all my life and while happy to captain a boat (and sign my life away to do so), my 14-year-old son and I would also be happy to Crew.
    Crazy question, I know! Maybe since I saw a Model S arrive in my driveway four months ago I think anything is possible...

8. Seegem

Seegem Member

Hi,

I'm a member of MSC, and I'd be happy to host you. We have J-24's and J-105's and a few Benetau First 40s. PM me and we can take it from there?

Cheers,

Mark

\

9. TESLIVE

TESLIVE <iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="110"

Will NY represent?

10. Seegem

Seegem Member

Where...? I did at Bear Mountain today :D Lots of lookers & questioners. Made a great impression

11. Olle

Olle Member

Hi,
    Just got an S absolutely adore it. Even my wife who doesn't like cars likes to drive it :)
    I live on the UES (Carnegie Hill) and would love to participate in a NYC club and talk to other owners and do something fun. Is there a local club now?

Best/Olof

12. diaretical

diaretical Member

Hey everyone!

I'm a fellow Tesla Model S owner in NYC and would love to link up with everyone. I've had mine for a couple months now - P85 multi-coat red. I live in Brooklyn and work in lower Manhattan. Feel free to shoot me a text or phone call anytime. If you ever catch yourself needing a charge, I have a 50amp circuit in my private garage in Bay Ridge that is always free and available to all Tesla owners :)

Best,
    Dia

13. Olle

Olle Member

Hi Dia glad you are up for it! Anybody else out there in NYC interested in getting together for some Tesla-talk?

14. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Guys -

Wormhole has put together a Westchester/Southern CT group - I propose we expand the group to include NYC (5 Boros) as well! We are planning a Bear Mountain Run/Lunch (postponed from last saturday due to snow) and also a visit to the newly opened Mt. Kisco Service Center!

We also meet many times on Sunday's at the Yorktown Cars & Coffee gathering!

Here's the thread - voice your opinion!

TeslaOwners.com Westchester/SoCT Chapter

Yorktown Cars & Coffee:

Yorktown Cars Coffee - Home

Aaron

15. Olle

Olle Member

Hi Aaron,
    Has the Bear Mountain trip happened yet? I am all up for it

16. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

Olle

No - Charles hasn't rescheduled, but have you seen the @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 event for President's Weekend on the Events forum?

I organized last years @TeslaRoadTrip and just got back from DC today after a BUSY planning weekend. It's going to be a great event and we have over 40 people signed up so far!

Here is the thread... I will posting the final agenda tonight - please join us! Everyone is invited!

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - - Feb 15-17, 2014

Aaron

17. wormhole

wormhole Banned

Just did :)....week before the DC event....

18. Olle

Olle Member

Sure, Ill come to Bear Mountain week before the Roadtrip :smile:

19. CaptDaveHowe

CaptDaveHowe Member

I'm out in Suffolk County on the south shore. I picked my Model S up in Chelsea, where we have an apartment and head to Williamsburg, Brooklyn and Manhattan often. Don't get mad, but I actually take my Mini Cooper into NYC more than my Model S. It's not the charging, as much as it is the parking. Twice I had to park my car in a parking garage, as the attendant had absolutely no idea how to drive it. I leave the Mini on the street, not sure about doing so with the Tesla. Can use a bit of advice?
    Thanks, David

20. Olle

Olle Member

Understandable that you take the Mini. I too park my MS on the streets of Manhattan sometimes but of course I am uncomfortable, don't want anybody to scratch my baby :scared: My only tip is that most other drivers seem to think it looks expensive and stay away from it. knock on wood.

- - - Updated - - -

Alex is planning a Bear Mountain trip that day . Are you doing it together? Let me know if you guys need any help, it would be a pleasure