Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in North Carolina

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Leilani - really loved your talk at Teslive! We would be thrilled if you would join our Tesla group down here in Atlanta at http://on.fb.me/TeslaFansATL -- I've been told that we may have one of the most active and enthusiastic FB groups in the country (now over 200 members-- we do have a few non Atlanta members too that like to keep tabs on what's up regionally.)

If you don't mind, I'd like to join your new group too - I do love NC (especially Asheville which should be just in range of my Tesla for a roadtrip...)

Last edited:
Hi Leilani - really loved your talk at Teslive! We would be thrilled if you would join our Tesla group down here in Atlanta at http://on.fb.me/TeslaFansATL -- I've been told that we may have one of the most active and enthusiastic FB groups in the country (now over 200 members-- we do have a few non Atlanta members too that like to keep tabs on what's up regionally.)

If you don't mind, I'd like to join your new group too - I do love NC (especially Asheville which should be just in range of my Tesla for a roadtrip...)

Absolutely, I just sent a request to join your Atlanta group and feel free to join our page, it's not a closed page, anyone can join! :)

Folks: I put a request to be added to your FaceBook page. Though I am a Virginia resident, I have family in NC I visit with my Tesla. I am considering installing a NEMA 14-50 setup at my sister's house in Kill Devil Hills, as I need a decent charger setup there. Last time I had to take it to Kitty Hawk RV (I added it to PlugShare, BTW), but they charged me $20 for $7.20 of electricity.

Need to know the ins and outs of an EV setup in NC - in Virginia Dominion Va Power offers the EV Pricing Plan, but I don't think it is offered in NC.

JT.. Install a 14-50 plug in at your sisters house. This will do the job.

1PKB2_AS01.JPG

JT.. Install a 14-50 plug in at your sisters house. This will do the job.

View attachment 41947

Thank you! I have both an 14-50 and a HPWC at my house here in Northern VA. I'm thinking about getting a installation quote for a 100 amp line but initially connect the 14-50, with the HPWC installation down the road (and perhaps offer it for a small fee to other Model S owners). Your thoughts are appreciated!