TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Owners in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by leilanimunter, Jul 24, 2013.

1. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

I just got home from speaking at TESLIVE, it was a fantastic event, and as I wait for my P85+ to be delivered, I decided to start a page on Facebook for Tesla owners and enthusiasts in North Carolina to connect: https://www.facebook.com/TeslaOwnersNorthCarolina

2. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

Welcome home. What color did you get?

3. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

silver with dark wheels :)

4. Alpha

Alpha Member

#4 Alpha, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    Hi Leilani - really loved your talk at Teslive! We would be thrilled if you would join our Tesla group down here in Atlanta at http://on.fb.me/TeslaFansATL -- I've been told that we may have one of the most active and enthusiastic FB groups in the country (now over 200 members-- we do have a few non Atlanta members too that like to keep tabs on what's up regionally.)

If you don't mind, I'd like to join your new group too - I do love NC (especially Asheville which should be just in range of my Tesla for a roadtrip...)

5. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

Absolutely, I just sent a request to join your Atlanta group and feel free to join our page, it's not a closed page, anyone can join! :)

6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

By chance are you Western NC? I am in Kingsport TN 90 miles north of Asheville. Not many Teslas near me.

7. leilanimunter

leilanimunter Member

I'm in Charlotte, in Cornelius near the Lake Norman area. I love Asheville though!

8. bazer

bazer Member

I could not locate the Tesla North Carolina page. Is it still operational?

9. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

10. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Folks: I put a request to be added to your FaceBook page. Though I am a Virginia resident, I have family in NC I visit with my Tesla. I am considering installing a NEMA 14-50 setup at my sister's house in Kill Devil Hills, as I need a decent charger setup there. Last time I had to take it to Kitty Hawk RV (I added it to PlugShare, BTW), but they charged me $20 for $7.20 of electricity.

Need to know the ins and outs of an EV setup in NC - in Virginia Dominion Va Power offers the EV Pricing Plan, but I don't think it is offered in NC.

11. muleferg

muleferg Member

JT.. Install a 14-50 plug in at your sisters house. This will do the job.

1PKB2_AS01.JPG

12. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Thank you! I have both an 14-50 and a HPWC at my house here in Northern VA. I'm thinking about getting a installation quote for a 100 amp line but initially connect the 14-50, with the HPWC installation down the road (and perhaps offer it for a small fee to other Model S owners). Your thoughts are appreciated!