Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Mid Atlantic Summer Social - Saturday June23rd 2018!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Fellow Tesla Owners!

Join fellow @TeslaMdAtlantic members for some warm summer fun! Swimming, kayaking, hiking and an epic BBQ featuring a pig roast, snow cones, ice cream and lots of family friendly entertainment are in store!

There’s only one place you can find it:

Tesla Owners Mid Atlantic Summer Social!

Find out more and sign up at:

http://teslamidatlantic.club/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=387084&item_id=815833

1-179-700x525.jpg
Paddling Sayers Lake at  Bald Eagle State Park- Centre County.jpg
TOC-Logo_Mid_Atlantic_600x600_1415039675.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing many old and new faces in June! We selected Bald Eagle State Park, near State College, PA, to make it accessible by most of the Mid-Atlantic region within ~4 hour drive (one SpC hop, more or less, depending on your battery size.) Our survey results from the Williamsburg event showed that the activity that people enjoyed the most was our Sunday picnic. With that in mind we decided to make this event primarily a social function – a BBQ, including kid friendly entertainment and games. While we have an area reserved for our use, the park is open to the public, so we will have an opportunity to share the benefits and our experiences with Tesla and EVs. Having cars from 6 states (and DC!) in the lot should be proof enough that EVs are a not a compromise!

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to post here or PM direct if you prefer. It’s going to be fun!

Andrew

OH, I almost forgot – you MUST stop by the Penn State Creamery in State College, PA (~14 miles away). They make the best ice cream you’ll ever have. It’s as close to cow-to-cone as you can get.

After the BBQ, dessert at the PSU creamery is almost mandatory. It could also be kind of fun to get a caravan of Tesla's pulling into the PSU parking lot. Grilled Stickies
Close to the creamery is the Arboretum. Very interesting walk and an interactive children's area to boot. You can walk from the Arboretum to the Creamery and back to work off the ice cream. home | arboretum at penn state
Any railroad buffs? There's a feature called Horseshoe Curve down I-99 in Altoona that might be a fun stop for those heading south on the way home. World Famous Horseshoe Curve
Please get in touch if you want to coordinate any on-campus activities or are looking for other recommendations.

Reactions: jcadman22
After the BBQ, dessert at the PSU creamery is almost mandatory. It could also be kind of fun to get a caravan of Tesla's pulling into the PSU parking lot. Grilled Stickies
Close to the creamery is the Arboretum. Very interesting walk and an interactive children's area to boot. You can walk from the Arboretum to the Creamery and back to work off the ice cream. home | arboretum at penn state
Any railroad buffs? There's a feature called Horseshoe Curve down I-99 in Altoona that might be a fun stop for those heading south on the way home. World Famous Horseshoe Curve
Please get in touch if you want to coordinate any on-campus activities or are looking for other recommendations.

The creamery will back 1/2 gallons in dry ice for the trip home. I was there last weekend and we brought back 5 gallons. It's soooo good.

I passed a train museum near Altoona. It was pouring rain so we didn't stop. Perhaps this trip!

Was looking for the next road trip, just may not be able to make this one. Aaron, I hope your back getting involved in more ROAD TRIPS.
@WATTS-UP Bald Eagle State Park is about 200 miles from Philadelphia making it an easy ROAD TRIP in any Tesla! This should be a beautiful drive through either Allentown or Harrisburg Superchargers - even better, use them BOTH to complete a loop.
How about organizing a local caravan?
EastPA-Charging.jpg