Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners to Converge on Jefferson City, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
There will likely be a gathering of Tesla's on Monday in Jefferson City. Representatives from Tesla will also be there.

At this time I don't have full details, I will update this post as I find out information. Please plan on attending if you can. If this bill passes it will have a huge impact on owners and future owners in Missouri.

FYI - Jeff City is about 90 miles from my house. So I will be opening my garage to anyone needing a charge to make the trip. I have both 40 amp and 80 amp service available.

UPDATE:

Tesla reps are in Jeff City right now. They are setting up to meet with us Monday morning between 9 and 10 am. I will update with details on where when I know this.

Also.

CHARGING in Jeff City - Osage RV Park - 10 minutes from the capital building. Tesla has arranged for us to charge there. You will have to pay for electricity usage.

Last edited:
Meeting time has changed. We will be meeting in Jeff City at noon, as the legislative session does not actually start until 3pm on Monday. Those of us coming from St. Louis will be meeting in Wentzville at my house at 10am. If you need directions please PM me.

The actual meeting location in Jeff City will not be known until Monday morning. I will post as soon as I know.

I'm coming from KC. Feel free to message me about any KC convoys. I've got a 32 amp L2 GE Wattstation in my garage in Lees Summit not far off of 50 if anyone is taking 50 and has any emergency charging needs on the way (either way). I'm driving a Volt (I don't own a Tesla yet) so I won't need any charging. There's also a public L2 in the parking garage near the Lees Summit city hall building not far off of 50.

Do any of those co-sponsors have credible challengers for the next election? If so, hosting a fundraiser to 'flip a district' might be worthwhile.

You should do this regardless. Either a primary challenger or general election. This is the only way to truly grab a politicians attention. I'm a conservative voter, but I have no hesitation in calling these state Republicans scumbags.

I'm coming from KC. Feel free to message me about any KC convoys. I've got a 32 amp L2 GE Wattstation in my garage in Lees Summit not far off of 50 if anyone is taking 50 and has any emergency charging needs on the way (either way). I'm driving a Volt (I don't own a Tesla yet) so I won't need any charging. There's also a public L2 in the parking garage near the Lees Summit city hall building not far off of 50.

If you're not coming with the St. Louis group, PM me or Liz your mobile numbers and we'll keep you up to date on our plans.

Not a bad idea. Will keep that one in mind if things go south this week.

On Monday, talk about forming a MO Tesla PAC.

Those of us from outside the state can not vote these state officials out. We can vote with our pocketbooks.

Could immediately run ads against bill and long term start funding campaigns against these four individuals. Glen Kolkmeyer, Mike Kehoe, Jay Wasson and Keith English.

If it happens let us know where to send checks.

Looks like we are going to have a great turn out at the Missouri capital tomorrow.

We have 12-13 Model S's showing up and around 22 people.

Awesome turn out. Not to late if anyone else wants to join us. Any other volunteers from KC?

We will be meeting in Jeff City at noon. Exact location will be posted in the morning on the St. Louis Enthusiasts Website or you can PM me.

Is a gathering for certain at this point? It's getting kind of last minute and I need to make final arrangements with work -- either confirming I'll be taking the day off or letting them know I'll be in.

Yes, it is for certain and I have your PM. I will contact you in the morning to let you know more details. Plan to arrive JC around noon.

On Monday, talk about forming a MO Tesla PAC.

Those of us from outside the state can not vote these state officials out. We can vote with our pocketbooks.

Could immediately run ads against bill and long term start funding campaigns against these four individuals. Glen Kolkmeyer, Mike Kehoe, Jay Wasson and Keith English.

If it happens let us know where to send checks.

A PAC dedicated to EVs in general for the state might have broader appeal and bring in more money. The MOVE PAC (Missouri Vehicle Electrification PAC :)

photo.JPG