TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Tesla Owners Will Soon Be Able to Request Mobile Repair Service Through App

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by TMC Staff, May 21, 2018.

1. TMC Staff

In an effort to increase “owner happiness,” Tesla will enable owners to request mobile repair service through their smartphones. The mobile-based service would also nix any paperwork involved in receiving service. Will soon enable Tesla owners to request service from their phone with a few taps. Tesla Ranger will come to you to take care...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

2. nimrooz

nimrooz Member

If they only had this in Norway ...
    Several months waiting time on SC for small fixes...

3. kellogg76

kellogg76 Member

I'm 1000km from a service centre, will it still cost me $1500 to get the technician to come to me as it does now for Model S owners?

4. zeid

zeid New Member

I had this service while i was away traveling on business. Service completed at my home- amazing service - great job Tesla

5. radiocycle

radiocycle Member

But will this mobile roadside assistance give me a charge if needed??

6. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

Did they not announce some version of this months back?

I remember seeing a Tesla video showing a guy booking an appointment slot using his in-car Calendar and then also being able to check in from the car when he arrived at the service center.

7. Ticobird

Ticobird Member

No but Tesla will assist you in obtaining a tow truck.

8. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

You make that seem like a common occurrence

9. Ticobird

Ticobird Member

As far as I know it is not a common occurrence but even if it was common for any particular group or individual Tesla driver it would be 100% their fault for not planning accordingly.

10. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

It has been a while since my test drive, do the vehicles have a spare or donut?

11. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

Very few new vehicles these days include a spare, including the Tesla models...

12. hill

hill Active Member

common occurrence (mobile service segway shortly)? common like SC's so overcrowded you arrive ½hr before opening & you still need ½hr to get up to the front of the line for your ongoing X problems? Not trying to sound impatient or indignant, because we knew the x was issues/twitchy going into it, even after it'd been on the market over a year - compared to our S. But with the model 3 now out, the SC lines are getting even longer. Consider the picture i snapped of our multi function display - what was behind me in line during one of our many visits, just waiting to get closer to the driveway apron and out of the street;
    20180219_072701.jpg
    Poor slob - says his 2 week old model 3 has already been back twice. Perhaps the mobile repair is NOT more expensive. If the mobile system keeps Teslas from racking up weeks of SC repair time, Tesla avoids potential 'Lemon' statused cars. No one wants that - and no one likes showing up for a repair appointment that you can't even get to - due to SC overcrowding.

13. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

Obviously I'm not feeling the pinch, but from reading about experiences here, and knowing that a few hundred thousand new vehicles are hitting the streets over the next year... it is
    going to get ugly. I used to argue in other threads that this is where the value of an actual dealership comes in. Would you pay an extra 5% if you knew you had a nearby place to
    take the vehicle, get in, they have parts, get out? I sure would. What is the cost of missing work to drive or tow your car 200 miles? A lot more than a measly addon to the sticker price.

The worst stories I see here are about calling some random person for service... then calling back... and back and nothing happens. Yuck. They really can't mess up QC
    for the $35,000 versions coming out, those people don't have alternative means of transportation.

14. Need

Need Active Member

No, but AAA can. :p

aaa_ev.JPG

15. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

AAA just reported that their calls for EV charging are much smaller than they expected. Just a few, while they did log over 50,000 calls from members out of gas!

16. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

I'm 500 km from a service center and mobile service for warranty stuff is no cost. I presume that out-of-warranty service will have a mileage charge and a ranger told me that sometimes they can bulk visits together to reduce the cost for customers.

17. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

I had to go and research... 1/3rd of new cars do not have a spare.
    Blah, that is one of those dealbreaker type of things like a cell phone where you cannot remove the battery.
    I bet most millenials can't change a tire anyway.
    Or drive stick

18. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Really! And those who do know how to drive a stick think that they need synchromesh!

19. roblab

roblab Active Member

And I always ask, "When did you last have a flat?" My last tire leak, which was slow, and repaired with a plug with the tire on the car, was about 15 years ago. Yes, I know that some people live in areas where people litter the road with nails, glass, metal shards, and they dig deep holes and fill them with water. I would assume that in those circumstances I might throw a spare into the trunk.

My daughter had a flat a month or so ago. Seems she hit a curb, did not bother to stop and look at the damage, drove on it flat, and ruined the tire and wheel. Some people can't have nice things.

20. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Banned

Couple years ago. Road was a mess due to the utility company. The 2ft wide cuts they made and patched were falling in. I caught the edge of one and it tore open
    the side of the tire. Made it down the drive and changed the darn thing.