Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed this CPO 2015 P85D on sale for $51K with a 2 year warranty. Not my car but I thought this would be a great buy for someone looking to buy a P85D with the CPO warranty for the low $50s.

Model S P85D 5YJSA1E49FF104181 | Tesla

There is also a well-equipped P85D with a 4 year CPO warranty for $53K:

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H2XEFP65047 | Tesla

Anyone looking to buy a P85D, look around because vehicles are now available for the low 50s. Good luck wit your search!

Reactions: P85_DA
Good deal. Based on vin and date, it has the +P suspension as well. Looks like Tesla “used car” program is doing a better job sending pics with details of damage or areas of concern.

Someone jump on it!

It's because of the cosmetic issues with the vehicle. Body shop repairs are expensive.

Tesla can fix all these issues at a "wholesale rate" based on volume and offer customers a decent car they can drive home in peace.

Plus they can then charge more as well....

I guess it must be the cosmetic issues because we too would not buy a car that requires the hassle and expense of taking the car to a body shop.

Reactions: MC408
I just realized The Dropbox pics are actually the metallic green $53,800 p85d, no the $51k black one.

The pics didn’t look that bad to me, so paint scrapes on the bumper and some curb rash, I saw a lot worse ones when I was in search and they all sold in the $55-$58k range. Who knows, it Could be the metallic green! Haha

It is a bit of a crapshoot between pics and seeing in person.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
I just realized The Dropbox pics are actually the metallic green $53,800 p85d, no the $51k black one.

The pics didn’t look that bad to me, so paint scrapes on the bumper and some curb rash, I saw a lot worse ones when I was in search and they all sold in the $55-$58k range. Who knows, it Could be the metallic green! Haha

It is a bit of a crapshoot between pics and seeing in person.

Seeing it in person is key... So is getting assurance before you put down the deposit that you will get the money back if the car is damaged.

The good news for anyone looking to buy is that if you are patient and look around there are 2015 P85Ds that are now available for the early 50s.

Reactions: MC408
Seeing it in person is key... So is getting assurance before you put down the deposit that you will get the money back if the car is damaged.

The good news for anyone looking to buy is that if you are patient and look around there are 2015 P85Ds that are now available for the early 50s.

Agreed, it looks like they are better today than just a few weeks ago when I got mine.

I was not able to request photos before my deposit!

They did offer to allow me to transfer my deposit when I noticed damage from the photos and when i asked if I could get a refund, they said, yes, but it takes 10 days to process.

I believe they are learning and getting better, as well prices still seem to be dropping. Good luck to anyone who is willing to take the plunge. Feel free to pm me with any questions as I’ve been through the process recently.

• Informative
2015 Tesla Model S P85D

This car is in near perfect condition.

= FAIL

This dealer dude always lists his cars in SF Craiglist's By Owner section, in which case he's not a private party seller. Also, the mileage on that car is 56K+. So no warranty, and if there was an extended warranty, it's not going to be transferable since it's dealer.

I don't want to advertise his site but you can Google "4805861 tesla", and you'll find his real listing. Or via the VIN and their internal tracking # ("5YJSA1H43FF096719 4805861").

Most of his cars have pictures taken in an office park with tan buildings, and a dark tan roof trim, or a blue-green roof trim.

• Informative