Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the difference between the performance plus suspension vs. regular smart air suspension on those P85D?

The P+ suspension is the same suspension on the p85+. More firm for aggressive driving. Most (if not all) P85Ds built before April 2015 have the + suspension, after April they commonized the suspension on all model S vehicles.

Here’s a couple good reads.

P85D (pre/post April) ride performance

Performance Plus (P85+) vs. Performance (P85) Test Drive and Review

What is the difference between the performance plus suspension vs. regular smart air suspension on those P85D?

Those are two different things, even though they're both called "suspension". The Smart Air Suspension (SAS) only changes the ride height (low, standard, high, very high) -- but it does not change the ride, handling, or performance (well, it does compared to springs, but not dynamically).

The Performance Plus suspension is from the P85+ RWD Tesla from 2012,2013, and 2014. It is beefier sway bars, bushings, and a much more sporty/firmer suspension. People equate it to the handling of the BMW M5 -- which I also equate it to, as my other car is a 2002 E39 M5. :D

Pretty much all Pre-May 2015 P85Ds have the P+ suspension, and any May 2015 or later P85D (and every other Tesla since) does not have the P+ suspension. You can read all about it here: Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

Reactions: BrokerDon
See below. It's not user error -- all 'Performance' cars in the archives are only available to subscribers.

I also noticed that your P85D is an early model with the rare Performance Plus suspension (just like mine).

View attachment 352589

Man. I love this chart. Haha. I looked back at my history and I put a deposit on a p85d for $56,800 on 09/28. Sat all weekend and waited for pictures. Received pictures on Monday 10/01 and saw a dent. Started looking again and by sheer luck my car today was down to $56,800. I was actually watching a p85d w Ludacrous that was $59,300 and said if it drops again, I’m buying it. Someone snatched it up.

By that time, my 2nd option which is my car today was down to $54,900. I said, if it drops again I’m buying it. Well it dropped to $54,800 lol , I figured I better grab it before someone else does!

Everything happens for a reason and I’m very happy w my car. I didn’t realize it was dropping $1000 a day all that time I was working on other cars!

Thanks for the chart @EV-CPO , your site is an awesome tool.

Yeah, looks like a previous CPO bought in July 2017 and traded-in.

upload_2018-11-16_15-9-28.png

• Informative
Reactions: MC408