TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla P90D Review: Elon Musk Wants Your Sedan to Be Ludicrously Fun

Discussion in 'News' started by S'toon, Sep 10, 2015.

1. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Full article at:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-10/tesla-p90d-review-elon-musk-wants-your-sedan-to-be-ludicrously-fun

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Not a bad article, but it would have been nice if the author had correctly identified the car she drove as a 2015 model instead of a 2016 model.

3. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

I really liked that they chose the same color I did. Seeing a nice video of what was basically my car was kind of cool :)

Obviously these are personal preference, but I found the options she would remove as odd.

I'm not a huge spoiler fan and when I picked it I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing, but as I see cars without them I feel it was a good choice. It is minimal, but it adds something to the car that feels very appropriate for the PXXD.

She also mentions removing the 21" wheels. I've read the posts about why 19" wheels are preferred by many, but appearance-wise it always looked off to me. I'm not saying it is a Ferrari or Lambo, and it is a sedan, but a really fast sleek car with fat tires looks odd to me. The low profile tires will result in better handling, which is also more characteristic of a high performance car. It's almost like downgrading the car by switching to 19s. With the price tag of a PXXD it's hard for me to buy the argument of expensive tires.

I guess it is that you're paying $130k+ for a high performance car, performance that many say is unnecessary, so why have it look like a standard sedan. You're paying for something special so it should look more like a performance car and those features give it that extra touch.

4. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Not to mention it is dirt cheap relative to a lot of the other stuff, and it actually may be somewhat functional as well, though I guess that is debatable.

5. Olle

Olle Member

I liked the review and the video. Maybe not the most informative, but I felt like I wanted the car a lot after watching it.