Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Paint is Horrible 2023 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paint on my 2020 MSP was not good either so it is not something new to 2023. Material under paint was the major complaint on Midnight Silver Metallic vehicle. Apparently, clean room painting over debris is common. Tesla had no interest is fixing because they would have just offered the vehicle to someone else until it sold. I excepted the imperfections so I can only blame myself. BTW with Tesla might have been "The fix could be worse than just living with the imperfections".

M

Well I must be the exception, since my 2021 MSP had no defects of any kind, and I honestly am a picky person. Immediately took it for full PPF and window tinting. No paint problems or panel gaps. Makes me hesitant to consider ever getting another one though.

AFA7EB2F-3FFD-458E-9312-B59F4A7AA910.jpeg

1182CCBA-AFCA-4C25-BF37-FDF0DB4C64B2.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
Well I must be the exception, since my 2021 MSP had no defects of any kind, and I honestly am a picky person. Immediately took it for full PPF and window tinting. No paint problems or panel gaps. Makes me hesitant to consider ever getting another one though.

View attachment 903500
View attachment 903499
… what’s up with that fender and a pillar alignment though.

You got me all gitty for a second! wondering if a new one came out. No, that one has the 21" wheels. The only one in inventory that is exactly my configuration is in North Carolina (Zip 28105). It has been there a while though... and that makes me nervous. I figure I am better off rolling the dice on a new Model S. It should have the new options (Brakes, badging, and maybe cameras) and less likely to have been rejected by someone, fixed, or just put on the lot.

Sticking with the theme of this thread, my gut feeling is that a Model S that has spent a month or so on the lot likely has an issue, like a significant paint problem. If it was local I would just go look at it, but coming from Colorado that would be quite the commitment to take a chance. Sound logic? Or am I missing something.

Reactions: NeuroRad
You got me all gitty for a second! wondering if a new one came out. No, that one has the 21" wheels. The only one in inventory that is exactly my configuration is in North Carolina (Zip 28105). It has been there a while though... and that makes me nervous. I figure I am better off rolling the dice on a new Model S. It should have the new options (Brakes, badging, and maybe cameras) and less likely to have been rejected by someone, fixed, or just put on the lot.

Sticking with the theme of this thread, my gut feeling is that a Model S that has spent a month or so on the lot likely has an issue, like a significant paint problem. If it was local I would just go look at it, but coming from Colorado that would be quite the commitment to take a chance. Sound logic? Or am I missing something.
Completely agree with you. Spending that much you want a brand spanking new S right from the factory. Although given the current market, 6 figure cars aren’t moving could be the explanation.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.23