Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Paint Repair Kit effectiveness

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have experience with the paint kit, but if you have a dent I'd recommend to call a mobile dent repair service before trying to fix the paint. They can often straighten out minor dents for little money.
Thanks. It's right at the crease on the door. The shop said it would have been much worse in a different area. I'm guessing because the crease is the strongest point. He recommended I try PDR then the paint repair kit as a cheaper solution.

While I've no experience with Tesla's touch-up paint, I've read many times that it's exactly the same thing as Dr. ColorChip, aka Chipfixx in Canada, and these brands do carry more colors than the Tesla's store. Give it a try.

Red is also unavailable.
Some months back I saw someone here outline how to ask your local Tesla Service Center for the 3(IIRC?) vials of material needed for red and white. My Search Fu is weak here but maybe you can find it or someone else here can help out?

I think the post/thread was in the Interior/Exterior subform, but could be wrong on that.

A long-time Tesla detailer told me about the Color ‘n Drive system (which he used for years) and it worked beautifully on my Model S. They have all of the colors too - including white and red - and it worked so well, I speculate that Tesla changed how they offer touch up paint to mimic theirs.

Just follow the instructions!

I have a black model 3 and I've used the Tesla kit, I would say overall it's pretty good and easy to use and at least makes the chip less noticeable. Although if there's a dent I would definitely try a paintless dent repair expert. They have worked WONDERS on my previous cars to the point where I couldn't even notice the dent anymore.

Reactions: PJFW8