Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla paint repairs (Milton Keynes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a trip to London this weekend I was given the parting gift of having my 2017 Black Model S Keyed :(

This has tipped the balance with me finally getting someone to fix up the 100,000 miles of existing scratches and paint chips and try to make the car look nice again.

I chatted to local paint shop that has some good recommendations and they were very wary about doing the repairs. The normal panels they were fine with but the many chips on the bumpers they felt would be an issue with paint thickness and sensor alignment with the bumper removed. They quoted on the panels but not the bumpers.

I've opened a service request with Tesla to find out if there is a standard "Recalibrate" after the bumpers come off an on again but I have a feeling they'll say take it to Dartford.

Does anyone have any body shop recommendations specifically for paint chips and scratches on Teslas, including the bumpers, within 100 miles of Milton Keynes that I can talk to about getting this made nice again?

Thanks,

G

I can recommend Frosts Accident Repairs, they're in MK and are the Tesla approved Body & Paint Repairer. They've done two repairs to my M3 (one a touchup, the other was a new bumper & respray) and their work was excellent. Priced competitively as well!
Thanks for that one, I did go down and talk to them but the guy was very honest, he says the work is expensive work to be done by them because they do it to insurance standards, for the work I wanted they were adding a 0 to the quote I had less the bumper from the other guy, I think I need to find some middle ground.

Thanks for that one, I did go down and talk to them but the guy was very honest, he says the work is expensive work to be done by them because they do it to insurance standards, for the work I wanted they were adding a 0 to the quote I had less the bumper from the other guy, I think I need to find some middle ground.
You could try VCR (used to be Scuff n Scratch) down in Bletchley.

I've had a couple of keyings sorted by them that were great... however, these weren't Teslas. Worth a check though.

I'm just waiting for insurance to come through and I'll be putting my M3 into Frosts for a door dent.

You could try VCR (used to be Scuff n Scratch) down in Bletchley.

I've had a couple of keyings sorted by them that were great... however, these weren't Teslas. Worth a check though.

I'm just waiting for insurance to come through and I'll be putting my M3 into Frosts for a door dent.
I had a dent in the front wing (builder dropped something on it) sorted out by a paintless guy for 220. He said he could do double skinned etc. which the Tesla body shop said was impossible for paintless. It might be worth trying a paintless repair guy first depending upon the damage. He did say ally can stretch and so is harder to fix than steel but he did a really good job.

No where near MK but thought would mention anyway