Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Partnership with Buc-ee's (26 New Locations)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla has entered into a new partnership with Buc-ee's to bring Superchargers to 26 locations across 7 southern states (TX, AL, GA, FL, TN, KY, SC)!!

Found the list in the file for the new Buc-ee's Daytona Beach Supercharger. Thanks once again to CODB for f***ing up Tesla's plans to keep the sites secret!

For now I'm posting this in the Texas forum since most (16/26) of the sites are in the state. It can be moved if deemed too general

Buc-ee's.jpg

Buc-ee's 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla has entered into a new partnership with Buc-ee's to bring Superchargers to 26 locations across 7 southern states (TX, AL, GA, FL, TN, KY, SC)!!

Found the list in the file for the new Buc-ee's Daytona Beach Supercharger. Thanks once again to CODB for f***ing up Tesla's plans to keep the sites secret!

For now I'm posting this in the Texas forum since most (16/26) of the sites are in the state. It can be moved if deemed too general

View attachment 734083

View attachment 734082
Preparing for the CT invasion!

Note that the little one in Giddings isn't on the list, probably because the existing supercharger is literally next gas station along - and has its own light due to the semi traffic.
But adding one to Waller will be really good!
Temple as well - even better :)

The location in Saint Augustine will put 3 super charger locations within 5 miles of each other. May not sound like a lot but this area is just highway traffic and one outlet mall. Three exits in a row with a supercharger.

I have no idea what took Buc-ee's so long. They are absolutely the best possible place for a supercharger - along traveled routes (typically interstates or the Texas equivalents), they have plenty of land (h-u-g-e parking lots), they are often open 24 hours, they are known for their spotless restrooms, they have a large variety of things to eat, they are an interesting store to visit for all ages, and the time to supercharge Is the sweet spot for the time to visit a Buc-ee's. They should become the supercharger site of choice when available for people/couples/families traveling long distance. This has felt like a no brainer for so long, I just don't know what took them so long. This is great news for us all. I am sure someday when there are enough other makes of EVs out there Buc-ee's will add other types of charging stations, but I think it is the right decision to start with Tesla superchargers, since that's where the customers are.

This is my summary of the locations:
Where, highway, gap it's in, where from, distance from, distance to, where to.
There are a couple (Katy, TX and Crossville, TN) where there's already a Supercharger. The Crossville, TN would be on the other side of the highway.
Distances are estimates, using Supercharge.info (which uses Mapbox/OSM).
There are a few that split larger gaps, but many are just useful fillers.
The Site # is from the list above and may be Buc-ee's store numbers. I haven't checked. I just remember that the Target list used Target's numbering.

Site#CityStateHwyGapFrom CityStateFGapTGapTo CityStateNote
17LulingTXI-10102.4San AntonioTX7030.5FlatoniaTXSplitter!
18WallerTXUS-29090.5GiddingsTX62.329.2Houston - Northwest FreewayTX.
22New BraunfelsTXI-3525SchertzTX15.69.5San MarcosTX.
26MadisonvilleTXI-4547.9HuntsvilleTX25.922.2CentervilleTX.
28BastropTXTX-7184Del ValleTX2559.6ColumbusTX.
30WhartonTXUS-59(I-69)100.9VictoriaTX68.832.5RichmondTXSplitter!
33Texas CityTXI-4525Start(GalvestonTX)18.18.6WebsterTX.
34BaytownTXI-10127.5ChannelviewTX8.9118.9Lake CharlesLAPathetic Splitter!
35TempleTXI-3585.4Round RockTX52.134WacoTXGeorgetown, TX?
36TerrellTXI-20101ArlingtonTX52.354.6LindaleTX.
37Fort WorthTXI-35W55.7AlvaradoTX41.115.7End(near Denton)TX.
38Royse CityTXI-3095.8ArlingtonTX50.745.4Sulphur SpringsTX.
39DentonTXI-35(E)83.8ItalyTX77.76.6DentonTX.
40KatyTXI-1075.9SealyTX30.447ChannelviewTX2nd Katy
42RobertsdaleALI-10107.4MobileAL34.174.1CrestviewFLSplitter!
43LeedsALI-2062.9BirminghamAL14.648.9OxfordAL.
44MelissaTXUS-7569.3Dallas - Park LnTX31.238.4DenisonTX.
46Saint AugustineFLI-9513.6St. AugustineFL6.58Jacksonville - County RoadFL.
47Daytona Beach - Gateway DrFLI-9524.2Daytona BeachFL4.820.4Palm CoastFL.
48EnnisTXI-4555.9CorsicanaTX22.234.1End (I-30 DallasTX).
51Fort ValleyGAI-7570.4CordeleGA45.425.9Macon - Tom Hill Sr RdGA.
52CalhounGAI-7556.8AdairsvilleGA5.852.2ChattanoogaTN.
53FlorenceSCI-9561.1FlorenceSC1150.5LumbertonNC.
55RichmondKYI-7569.2LondonKY43.126.8LexingtonKY.
50CrossvilleTNI-4091CookevilleTN36.656.4KnoxvilleTN2nd Crossville
56Smiths GroveKYI-6570.1Bowling GreenKY16.154.2ElizabethtownKY.

I have no idea what took Buc-ee's so long. They are absolutely the best possible place for a supercharger - along traveled routes (typically interstates or the Texas equivalents), they have plenty of land (h-u-g-e parking lots), they are often open 24 hours, they are known for their spotless restrooms, they have a large variety of things to eat, they are an interesting store to visit for all ages, and the time to supercharge Is the sweet spot for the time to visit a Buc-ee's. They should become the supercharger site of choice when available for people/couples/families traveling long distance. This has felt like a no brainer for so long, I just don't know what took them so long. This is great news for us all. I am sure someday when there are enough other makes of EVs out there Buc-ee's will add other types of charging stations, but I think it is the right decision to start with Tesla superchargers, since that's where the customers are.

Well, I'd say that the time to Supercharge has _become_ the time to visit. Smaller gaps between chargers and faster charging is making the gas station/convenience store model more appropriate, at least for a portion of the Superchargers.

Reactions: Reef Club

View attachment 734083

View attachment 734082
This is a much bigger deal than it appears on the surface. Buc-ee's is an ideal, perhaps the most optimal location for Supercharger locations. All but a few sites are "large", have plenty of space, world class bathrooms and probably the best gas station/truck stop food selection of anywhere. They are optimized for a 30 minute visit in the store and are one of the best experiences for travellers. Adding Superchargers turns the "Awesome" meter to 11!

A few months ago, I submitted a suggestion to Buc-ee's corporate web page to add Superchargers at their locations. I'm doubtful that my little effort had anything to do with this coming to life, but I'm happy to be a push in the right direction.

I'm a little confused about the crossville location, looking at google maps there isn't a bucees there. There are gas stations there but are they rebranding a station into a bucees or is the google maps image out of date and it's already happened?
They are building some new locations. Maybe be rebuilding on an existing site, but some appear to be empty parcels. Buc-ee's approach is clearly to look for large sites.

Where the list just has a GPS location it hasn't/hadn't been built.

If you google for Buc-ee's and the location you'll find news stories that say where the site will be.

E.g. Buc-ee's to open first Tennessee location in Crossville

Buc-ee's Crossville location will be located at 2045 Genesis Road just off of Interstate 40 with 120 fueling stations.

Last edited:
I and many other Tesla owners have been contacting Buc-ees for many years to have any sort of EV charging stations but have always had crickets. But I think the reason why they waited for so long was simply because of stubbornness and not taking EVs seriously. The past couple of years with major announcement from OEMs on EVs and just seeing more and more Teslas showing up at their stores have really forced them to no longer ignore where the market is heading.

A few months ago, I submitted a suggestion to Buc-ee's corporate web page to add Superchargers at their locations. I'm doubtful that my little effort had anything to do with this coming to life, but I'm happy to be a push in the right direction.
I and many other Tesla owners have constantly been contacting Bucees to add EV charging but always gotten the cold hand. You must have done or said something special to get them to finally change their mind.

I and many other Tesla owners have been contacting Buc-ees for many years to have any sort of EV charging stations but have always had crickets. But I think the reason why they waited for so long was simply because of stubbornness and not taking EVs seriously. The past couple of years with major announcement from OEMs on EVs and just seeing more and more Teslas showing up at their stores have really forced them to no longer ignore where the market is heading.
I'm sure the consumer-end cost of fossil fuels doubling over the last year has had an impact on their retail operations and they saw the writing on the wall.