Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla parts order… significant delay, pleasant resolution.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In late August my car was hit by a good size piece of concrete that flew out of a dump truck, bounced underneath the car in front of me, and was headed straight for my tire.

I swerved to make sure I wouldn’t run over it, and it hit me square in the center of the grill in the front of my car.

It took a month to get the car in the shop, and in October they ordered parts when they disassembled the front end and found a lot more damage.

All of the parts arrived except for the condenser. I had waited about a month with no update on that one part being ordered.

Eventually I found an email address on this website and I emailed Tesla to ask them how long it would take for this part to arrive, given that eventually I’m gonna have to give a loaner car back.

To my surprise the parts team at Tesla overnighted via FedEx the replacement condenser for my car!

So what a pleasant surprise…

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and mark2k
"Eventually I found an email address on this website and I emailed Tesla to ask them how long it would take for this part to arrive..."
Could you please post that email address? I may need it. Someone backed into my M3 on 10/12, doing considerable damage to the front bumper, the frunk lid, and possibly the left front fender. It's been in for repairs since 11/1. I have a lot of faith in the collision center, but they did tell me that because of parts delays, it could be early December before I get the car back. I'm OK with that, but if it takes longer, I'd like to have someone at Tesla to reach out to besides the folks at the collision center

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and Billee
If this OP posts whatever this email address is, it likely will get spammed to death and whatever useful functionality it currently has will likely be destroyed. I would suggest if the OP actually wants to share that, either PM you with it, or point to the place they found it here.

Thats not "moderator direction", its a suggestion, to hopefully retain whatever usefulness that email address (whatever it is, I dont know) might have.

If this OP posts whatever this email address is, it likely will get spammed to death and whatever useful functionality it currently has will likely be destroyed. I would suggest if the OP actually wants to share that, either PM you with it, or point to the place they found it here.

Thats not "moderator direction", its a suggestion, to hopefully retain whatever usefulness that email address (whatever it is, I dont know) might have.

quoted for truth .... please don't ruin a good thing!

Reactions: Gasaraki
Today is the 6-month anniversary of my Model Y repair, they were installing airbags and they found new damage (they said this one wasn't visible up until the airbag installation began), they'll have to order additional parts now.

Did you get a loaner during your repair? My impression was that service centers don't give loaners for collision repair, only for insurance work. Tesla Insurance only covers 1mo of rental car, so I've been without a car for half a year.

In late August my car was hit by a good size piece of concrete that flew out of a dump truck, bounced underneath the car in front of me, and was headed straight for my tire.

I swerved to make sure I wouldn’t run over it, and it hit me square in the center of the grill in the front of my car.

It took a month to get the car in the shop, and in October they ordered parts when they disassembled the front end and found a lot more damage.

All of the parts arrived except for the condenser. I had waited about a month with no update on that one part being ordered.

Eventually I found an email address on this website and I emailed Tesla to ask them how long it would take for this part to arrive, given that eventually I’m gonna have to give a loaner car back.

To my surprise the parts team at Tesla overnighted via FedEx the replacement condenser for my car!

So what a pleasant surprise…
Hey, what is the email address for Tesla parts team, currently I'm on the same page