Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla parts ordering confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I am getting mixed responses from Tesla service center in Houston. I used to call or submit a ticket to get the parts I need, but today they asked me to go to the approved bodyshop to order parts because SC are not setup for over the counter parts ordering. Called couple of those bodyshops and they denied selling me the parts.

EPC doesn’t show prices nor the application to get registered is progressing.

Any recommendations to get parts other than ebay ?.

Last edited:
Check the offical tesla parts catalog online as this will say if its a restricted part.
All for free.

In the UK I then phoned my local SC ensuring they have a parts department, parts then told me to email parts list, confirmed availability then I called again to pay with card.
They even offered delivery.

They need the last 6 of the VIN and as mine was a salvage vehicle I might have accidentally given them the VIN of my other non salvage car and not the one I found on the internet 😬

Check the offical tesla parts catalog online as this will say if its a restricted part.
All for free.

In the UK I then phoned my local SC ensuring they have a parts department, parts then told me to email parts list, confirmed availability then I called again to pay with card.
They even offered delivery.

They need the last 6 of the VIN and as mine was a salvage vehicle I might have accidentally given them the VIN of my other non salvage car and not the one I found on the internet 😬

That's odd I go to my "local" (2hr each way) service center for parts. I have an appt tomorrow for a battery diag, so maybe I'll try to buy a random part and see if they give me any crap about it. But the parts person has always been super cool with me so I'm not expecting any issues. Just gotta figure out what I should buy since nothing is broken right now lol.

I'm at my service center now and I have the parts person getting me some parts and it's just like normal. I give her the numbers and quantity I want and she grabs them, (everything is in stock today, it happens sometimes).
So perhaps your SC just doesn't like you and that's why they won't sell you stuff 🤷‍♂️😂😂

I'm at my service center now and I have the parts person getting me some parts and it's just like normal. I give her the numbers and quantity I want and she grabs them, (everything is in stock today, it happens sometimes).
So perhaps your SC just doesn't like you and that's why they won't sell you stuff 🤷‍♂️😂😂

Dealing with this now. Which SC did you use? I want to order some parts, raised a SR on the app but was told to use an email. The email responded saying they do not supply to body shops anymore but I told them I wasn't a body shop but an owner and now they won't respond.

Dealing with this now. Which SC did you use? I want to order some parts, raised a SR on the app but was told to use an email. The email responded saying they do not supply to body shops anymore but I told them I wasn't a body shop but an owner and now they won't respond.
I always go to the one in rancho since it's the closest. But I always go in person and talk to people I don't like emails and crap.

Never had a problem buying parts at the Service center. I come in with the part number I want, and at least 1/2 the time it's in stock. When not in stock, it usually arrives within 2-7 days and I run by and pick it up. It may be the parts I order, but I'm often surprised at the low cost. Legacy dealers often charge 2-4 times the cost that Tesla has for something similar.

Never ordered a bumper (called Fascia). The unpainted ones appear to be available, but the pre-painted ones are Tesla Only.

Prices used to be in the catalog, but no longer. I think you have to register as a shop and have the approval to get prices. I just ask what the price is when I go into the SC. Helps to try and go in when it's not busy. Mornings and late afternoon should be avoided.