Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty confused. I tried call the Tesla Renton parts department 5 times today. Ring Ring Ring --> voicemail. I drove to the service center - hoping they had the part in stock. Silly me.. It was not. Then there was just utter confusion of what part I actually needed from the last service visit (still not sure what is really needed)...

On the other hand, I called a Honda dealership. The phone was answered right away and the guy took my money. Not understanding why Tesla doesn't want their customers money for parts....

• Disagree
Reactions: buttnutt
I'm pretty confused. I tried call the Tesla Renton parts department 5 times today. Ring Ring Ring --> voicemail. I drove to the service center - hoping they had the part in stock. Silly me.. It was not. Then there was just utter confusion of what part I actually needed from the last service visit (still not sure what is really needed)...

On the other hand, I called a Honda dealership. The phone was answered right away and the guy took my money. Not understanding why Tesla doesn't want their customers money for parts....
Because they already have your money for the car.

Do you think they really care if you can order a $25 part when there is no aftermarket? Welcome to Tesla.

I'm curious what part Honda sells that fits your Tesla?
Well -- that's a whole different part of the story. But since you asked... My wiper jets are not spraying or spraying only an inch or two. I was told that a rodent ate through the wiper jet tubing. Honda makes/sells this: Rodent Tape Figured, I'd prevent the re-occurrence. I did ask, Tesla doesn't make/sell.

Anyways, the Tesla parts guy looked at my service invoice and really wasn't sure what part to order. Took about 10 minutes with him chatting online with someone else who previously dealt with my car, to come to a conclusion -- and my confidence level is still not super high the right part(s) are being ordered. I did see some pictures -- of rodent damage to wiper jet cables attached to my service visit he pulled up. However, I decided to take a look at my car -- as there isn't many parts (wiper jets, tubing, and one other tubing) and I was confused as why this was so confusing (especially since I was told the parts were ordered and I'd be notified in the app when they come in last week). Looks like they weren't ordered and it's a good thing I stopped in.

Anyways, I don't see any rodent damage on the highlighted yellow parts. The fluid comes out of both wiper jet hoses... So... I'm not really sure where this rodent damage is. The only place I can't really see is the red circled area... Maybe that's where the hole is? Any thoughts on the steam -- does this amount of fluid/pressure look normal -- or does it look like there is a hole somewhere?

upload_2021-2-16_19-17-51.png

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OFJvdEpIQVVnbVNiN0MwVW44TTU4cEgtbnpNeHBR

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1QWYV71DkmhoMh2i6

Last edited:
Well -- that's a whole different part of the story. But since you asked... My wiper jets are not spraying or spraying only an inch or two. I was told that a rodent ate through the wiper jet tubing. Honda makes/sells this: Rodent Tape Figured, I'd prevent the re-occurrence. I did ask, Tesla doesn't make/sell.

Anyways, the Tesla parts guy looked at my service invoice and really wasn't sure what part to order. Took about 10 minutes with him chatting online with someone else who previously dealt with my car, to come to a conclusion -- and my confidence level is still not super high the right part(s) are being ordered. I did see some pictures -- of rodent damage to wiper jet cables attached to my service visit he pulled up. However, I decided to take a look at my car -- as there isn't many parts (wiper jets, tubing, and one other tubing) and I was confused as why this was so confusing (especially since I was told the parts were ordered and I'd be notified in the app when they come in last week). Looks like they weren't ordered and it's a good thing I stopped in.

Anyways, I don't see any rodent damage on the highlighted yellow parts. The fluid comes out of both wiper jet hoses... So... I'm not really sure where this rodent damage is. The only place I can't really see is the red circled area... Maybe that's where the hole is? Any thoughts on the steam -- does this amount of fluid/pressure look normal -- or does it look like there is a hole somewhere?

View attachment 637441

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=OFJvdEpIQVVnbVNiN0MwVW44TTU4cEgtbnpNeHBR

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1QWYV71DkmhoMh2i6

That's probably just rubber tubing with a barbed fitting. It's pretty common across car brands. I don't know that you have to get a Tesla unique part for this. Something like this is probably all you need.

Reactions: hpartsch
That's probably just rubber tubing with a barbed fitting. It's pretty common across car brands. I don't know that you have to get a Tesla unique part for this. Something like this is probably all you need.
Thanks, I'm just not seeing any rodent damage or leaking to even have a need for new tubing. But it could be in the red circled area that I can't see - through I'm unsure. Sent an email to someone at Tesla so maybe they can help.

So I received confirmation that this circled part is where the hole is. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it/replace it? It's not quite as easy as the yellow line.

Update: Looks like I just need to remove a wheel.
upload_2021-2-18_15-43-41.png

Last edited: