Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Patents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you all remember back when Elon and Tesla released all of the patents on EV technology? Could that have lead to many other car manufacturers producing EV's?

How many of Tesla's patents and technology were used in the development of the new Nissan Leaf? Take a look at this video and count the number of similarities of the Leaf with Tesla and the Model 3.

Nissan Releases Overload Of New 2018 LEAF Videos

Thank you Tesla for their innovation and quest for renewable transport.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
None, what about the videos makes you think Nissan used anything from Tesla?

I've test driven both the Model 3 and the new Leaf now and am not sure what OP means here. The two are very different cars. I really liked the leaf (own a 2012 now) but loved the 3. The Leaf has a hatchback design, nice ProPilot and ePedal driving capabilities, nice back seat, and is less expensive. The 3 is a sports sedan and accelerates and handles like one, autopilot (I did not test), has nicer seats in the front, OTA capabilities, supercharging, better battery management, and more range. Not sure where the technology from Tesla has been used in the new Leaf. Each car serves different needs and I am sure both will sell well.