Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla PCP - when do I arrange?

NJR46

Jun 29, 2021
Colchester, England
Hi all.

I don't believe this particular question has been raised but please redirect me if that isn't the case.

I ordered my M3 in late June 2021 and requested a p/ex offer from Tesla. Following a chat with the Tesla rep, he suggested I select the payment option as "cash" rather than p/ex and then defer arranging the PCP etc as the likelihood was (is) that the new car wont arrive within the 60 day p/ex offer window.

I have now decided to sell my current car elsewhere as I am being offered approx £4k more than Tesla's offer and pay off my current PCP deal. This will give me quite a bit more equity to put down against the Tesla deposit.

My question is, once you've been assigned a VIN and/or delivery date, how long do I have to arrange the Tesla PCP? I ask because I would like to clear my current PCP before I get credit checked by Tesla for the new PCP, otherwise it'll appear as if I'm trying to have 2 cars on lease, which I could certainly never afford to do (and then likely would get rejected on this basis).

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks,
Nick

oreobbq

Jan 8, 2021
Houston
When did Tesla start accepting drugs as payment. Lol I assume PCP is a loan/financing. Might want to give Tesla a call to see how much time you'd have.

• Funny
Reactions: NJR46

NJR46

Jun 29, 2021
Colchester, England
When did Tesla start accepting drugs as payment. Lol I assume PCP is a loan/financing. Might want to give Tesla a call to see how much time you'd have.
😂 unfortunately, PCP is indeed a financing arrangement, rather than buying with significant shipment of "angel dust". Yes, I don't know why I haven't just asked Tesla this question! 🤔

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
(moderator note: I am going to move this thread to the UK and Ireland subforum, since it seems they might have more information specific to OPs question there).

C225

Jul 7, 2021
Scotland
I am doing similar except I’m moving to a lease from my current pcp. I never keep cars after anyway so lease seemed sensible for me. My part ex offer from Tesla was actually the highest of any places or dealers I tried by about £1k. My advisor advised me as it was an inventory car in my case I would be fine just doing the part ex offer now and just keep an eye on my mileage.
I have a delivery date mid august so at the minute I’m fine and would still have 20 odd days left but if it gets delayed beyond that I may worry a bit

Anyway for my lease deal they said they wanted it sorted 7 days before delivery date and any downpayments by then once I have a valid settlement letter from my current car that lasts 2 weeks beyond my delivery date.

As an aside my credit application for the lease I did was Accepted immediately even though like you that would show as technically having 2cars at once which I also certainly couldn’t afford😬

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC