Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pebble App Now on Pebble App Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pebble Watch app - SETTINGS on the phone

I am still struggling to get it to work. Could be a conflict with one of the other apps perhaps but I have Accessibility on and I am running Beta 10 on the phone. Doesn't save or use the settings.

I did have some success writing a Tesla app entirely in Javascript using the Simply.js watch app. Will put it on github soon.

First the author supports Android and has no iPhone for testing. Second, I've got Android; description of what I'm guessing could be your issue below.

"Doesn't save or use the settings" I think this might be the problem. Open Pebble app on your phone. Get the RED screen, then from menu select My Pebble.
You will see picture of watch with either a watchface or app in watchface; swipe until Tesla FTW is in the watchface (see screenshot). You will then see "SETTINGS" under the picture of the watchface when Tesla FTW is centered in the watchface. Touch SETTINGS as shown in the screenshot (TeslaFTW-settings). Then on the screen enter your MYTesla username/password and click SUBMIT. Hope this helps. BTW, I did see your app. Sweet. I like your use of long click to organize the many options.
TeslaFTW-settings-small.png
TeslaFTW-login-small.png

Last edited:
I am familiar with the procedure to configure settings. They just don't persist on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Settings work for my other apps but not this one.

--update--

Complete Pebble Steel reset and reload seems to be allowing me to get me farther this time. Getting Climate and Charge status and vehicle info. Yes!

Last edited:
I bought a Pebble just to try this, but alas it is not currently supported on the iPhone. I've chatted with the developer on Google+ and he says an update to the Pebble firmware may get it working, but he has no iPhone to test with.

Totally Geeked Out

Now I'm controlling car from my freakin' Pebble Watch; my mac or pc (via Visible Tesla) and my phone

Of course, the obvious question, why your Pebble Watch? especially when you consider you Pebble Watch must connect to your phone via bluetooth (within 30 feet). So why not just pick up your freakin' phone.

Ah, then that would be less geeky!

I've now diagnosed the problem & starting trying to fix this.

The login is failing as I believe the iOS JavaScript library doesn't have the FormData object. I've solved that with a Compatibility version and was able to log in to my account.

The next part that's failing is a call to 'cb' (for callbacks). It doesn't exist. I can't remember how I did this before, but I haven't done much JS programming for iOS, so a little unclear if JSON library is required or a function to build the result in JSON? Just curious if the other app guys on here can point me in the right direction so I don't waste too much time searching. I don't have a lot of spare time right now, but was hoping to get this working for TMC Connect. Any pointers anyone?

Paul

Now I'm controlling car from my freakin' Pebble Watch; my mac or pc (via Visible Tesla) and my phone

Of course, the obvious question, why your Pebble Watch? especially when you consider you Pebble Watch must connect to your phone via bluetooth (within 30 feet). So why not just pick up your freakin' phone.

Ah, then that would be less geeky!

I've had a Pebble since February of 2013. That is also the last time my phone had the ringer or vibrate turned on. The greatest feature of a smart watch, in my opinion, is never hearing your phone ring or somehow missing a call or notification. You simply can't miss a vibrating watch on your wrist!