Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla pecking order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it was my wife’s first trip to the service centre to finally get a dent dealt with that was present at delivery in March. While being served at the counter a man came in and asked her “do you have a Tesla?” At this point I’m sure a lesser person would have had a sarcastic comment, bearing in mind she was in a Tesla centre, but she replied politely “yes, the Model 3”, to which he replied “well I have a Model X”, followed by “oi, you”, to the nice lady serving, and demanded to be served immediately, even though she was already dealing with my wife, making it clear again that he had a Model X and was very important and had things to do. Fortunately this is where my wife went into “don’t mess with me” mode and told him how rude he was.

This was never an issue in the Volvo dealership, are us mere Model 3 drivers looked down upon by the rest? I’m wondering if other marques like Mercedes have the same issue along the lines of “I have the S class, get behind me A class driving peasant!”.

I was visiting an auto-parts store on business in rural Ohio, America's heartland. I was dismayed watching the staff interact with customers, as every request for a part was countered with "Ford or Chevy?", which few customers found odd. The occasional Honda or Toyota owner would enter, only to be shooed away with great ridicule.

One Volvo owner was chased out of the store with the order to "go back to Russia." (?!)

TL;DR - people are weird

Yes, these people are everywhere, fortunately he got called on it and ended up being ignored, presumably thought he could bully his way through as there were only two women there and didn’t expect to be yelled at. I’ve heard this tone a few times before and it shuts me up lol. To make matters worse they still haven’t been able to fix the dent it was delivered with (very obvious and on the driver’s A pillar, god knows how it happened) and it’s going back in November...

• Disagree
Reactions: ElijahEVMan
I'm sure it's absolutely a tiny minority, but I did find there were several people with this attitude in the UK Facebook group until I left 5 months ago, and it was tolerated by that groups admins as these had been founding members.

Good for your wife, I hope she crushed him.

I traded in my Sti for my model 3 but still have a Forester. When going back and forth between those two there was clearly a pecking (pecker?) order.

When I had a '70 2002, all bimmer drivers flashed. When BMW's moved up class and became "beamers" everything changed.

5 years ago buying a Tesla, the early adopter owners and staff were a really friendly bunch. Now that it's attracted the drivers from the sportier marques and opened up the buying experience to everyone. The entitled, rude, mouthy owners will always be there with any brand.

Come on you pre 2018 tesla owners admit it you do look down on the M3 oiks just a bit. I'm sure most of you are very nice but inside you do feel a little bit superior and miss the days of empty supercharger bays and people pointing when you cruised silently past. :)

Reactions: LukeUK