Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pedestal Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I'm looking to install a charger pedestal next to my driveway.

After reading the instructions, I'm having a hard time understanding how the pedestal is mounted to the ground. I assume maybe a concrete footing with threaded bolts? I'm not sure.

Can someone point me to more detailed installation instructions or offer any other advice and guidance on getting this done?

ive done this with third party pedestals, looks similar to the tesla pedestal. the tesla pedestal seems to have the conduit hidden, running through its center, but youll have to verify that.

a concrete footing or pad is recommended. just dig a deep hole (about the size of a 5 gallon bucket should do). use wood to make a square so the top of the pad will be square and a few inches bigger than the bottom of the pedestal. youll need to run the conduit underground, up through the wood square and high enough to reach the top of the pedestal. then pour in some concrete to reach the top of the hole. You can use fast setting post concrete, or regular concrete, doesnt matter. when the concrete is all set up, set the post, mark holes, remove the pedestal. drill four holes with a hammer drill and attach the pedestal.

alternatively, you can use galvanized concrete anchor bolts in the concrete instead of drilling holes. its a little more tricky to set up. youll have to make a hole template of the bottom of the pedestal, but use a piece of wood bigger than your wood square. attach the anchors in the template, run the conduit through it, and while your concrete is setting up, sit the template on your wood square with the J of the anchor in the concrete. the next day unscrew the anchors and pry off the template. you should have four anchors and a conduit sticking up from the concrete.

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and Rocky_H