Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Performance Emblem (Abstract Ocean)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, have you measured to see if your license plate is actually centered ? I'm in SAC also....

I haven't, but i'll have to check it out.

Are you in the Tesla Sacramento facebook group?

Is your car wrapped in stealth? That’s a nice looking silver. Wish it was still an option.
Thanks!

Mine is wrapped in matte silver metallic. I intentionally went with standard black and used the savings on upgraded paint toward my wrap.

Hey all. I just got the gen2 emblems done on mine. I did as the instructions said, by aligning the little red mark with the backup camera. It looks centered, except the "S" isn't centered with the center of the license plate, and this is bugging my OCD radar to the max. I remember the gen1 application instructions specifying to mark the center of the license plate and then match it up with the center of the S.

Subjectively, it looks to be centered overall, especially considering the distance from the T and the A on both ends to the nearest gap line.

Let me know what you all think.

View attachment 417502

Here's from a lower angle:

View attachment 417503
It looks cetered but isn't it a little to high up compared to de white M3 above in this tread?
tesla_emblem_wide-jpg.413315

You see on this pic the emblem is lower on the trunk.

Mine is wrapped in matte silver metallic. I intentionally went with standard black and used the savings on upgraded paint toward my wrap.

Smart. I think I'll do the same for my next car, I'm easily bored with cars (even Tesla's!), but changing up the external appearance can keep thins fresh. Did you also go with a PPF on the front? I wonder how straight vinyl will hold up, since the leading edge of the car takes quite a beating over time.

Smart. I think I'll do the same for my next car, I'm easily bored with cars (even Tesla's!), but changing up the external appearance can keep thins fresh. Did you also go with a PPF on the front? I wonder how straight vinyl will hold up, since the leading edge of the car takes quite a beating over time.

I didn't do a PPF. It's holding up fine. There are a couple rock chips already since vinyl wrap isn't as thick or durable as PPF. But I can also see how much it's protected against it in general and I'm very happy with it. Once it gets too much, my wrap installer will just replace the bumper wrap for me for another $100.

It's mostly in the video. I use the 'crease' on the back of the trunk as the level line (bearing in mind it bends), and then align to that. The letters are hand-placed on the backing paper, so although in the video I use the bottom edge of the paper to align too, it's really not foolproof, so instead, I'd just grab some painters tape, and run that along the top of the crease. That'll give you a good position for the emblem. If you've not removed the "T" yet, mark the tip of that, since that's your center mark. It's really fairly easy, just take your time :)

• Helpful
Reactions: e-FTW
It's mostly in the video. I use the 'crease' on the back of the trunk as the level line (bearing in mind it bends), and then align to that. The letters are hand-placed on the backing paper, so although in the video I use the bottom edge of the paper to align too, it's really not foolproof, so instead, I'd just grab some painters tape, and run that along the top of the crease. That'll give you a good position for the emblem. If you've not removed the "T" yet, mark the tip of that, since that's your center mark. It's really fairly easy, just take your time :)
Will do, thanks! Wonder if I should rent a laser level...
(I did remove the "T")

What’s the main difference of gen 1 vs gen 2?
Gen 1 is PVC (flexible), Gen 2 is ABS (rigid). Both are dimensionally the same, although the ABS version (which is more typically used for car emblems) has more defined edges. The installation method is completely different (and we think easier, and certainly less error-prone), that's what the videos pasted by @Hayden show. We also have four new color combo's coming in the next week or two.

• Informative
Reactions: Daskid
Gen 1 is PVC (flexible), Gen 2 is ABS (rigid). Both are dimensionally the same, although the ABS version (which is more typically used for car emblems) has more defined edges. The installation method is completely different (and we think easier, and certainly less error-prone), that's what the videos pasted by @Hayden show. We also have four new color combo's coming in the next week or two.

Thanks! Do you have a link to your gen 2 emblems?