Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Performance Plus Package (parking Assist)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, Tesla announced a Performance Plus Package for European buyers. Each item in the package may be purchased separately, including parking assist. With over 4000 Tesla S vehicles produced this year, there should be some way for Tesla to do the right thing and make this important, highly desirable parking assist option avaiable to USA "S" owners ASAP. Hopefully, it will be a Tesla Service Center install at a reasonable price point. Your comments on this matter would be appreciated.

Recently, Tesla announced a Performance Plus Package for European buyers. Each item in the package may be purchased separately, including parking assist. With over 4000 Tesla S vehicles produced this year, there should be some way for Tesla to do the right thing and make this important, highly desirable parking assist option avaiable to USA "S" owners ASAP. Hopefully, it will be a Tesla Service Center install at a reasonable price point. Your comments on this matter would be appreciated.
In my 40 years of driving, I've never seen the need for it. Then again, it wasn't around for the first 30!

This is what I decided as well. I'm hopeful a retrofit won't be insanely expensive.
Mentally, I'm accepting that a retrofit (at least fo Park Sensors) isn't likely - I'm probably just going to get something aftermarket installed. Lots of folks around here have had it done and the result has been awesome.
if tesla allows retrofit, that would be great - but i'm not expecting it ;-)

Mentally, I'm accepting that a retrofit (at least fo Park Sensors) isn't likely - I'm probably just going to get something aftermarket installed. Lots of folks around here have had it done and the result has been awesome.
if tesla allows retrofit, that would be great - but i'm not expecting it ;-)

Depends on whether they can splice or replace part of the wiring harness. If they can do that, a retrofit should work just fine. Although the retrofit could cost more than an aftermarket solution depending on how Tesla installs their sensors.