Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Perth service centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed, we have had good service from Tesla in Perth, not that this is required very often.
We even got performance loaners in the old days!
Before we had a service centre, techs would fly over (one arrived from Melbourne with a new door handle for my S85 and fitted it in my garage).

My "performance" loaner for the next two days is a shitty Mitsubishi Outlander (non-PHEV) if you're wondering.

James won't leave, despite the lack of resources given to him by the boss of Tesla Australia, Huw Williams.

He currently has a FIFO tech from the East coast (Cheers Cal) to help out.

Hopefully, he'll soon be moving from the dead centre of Perth to more luxurious and fitting "digs" ;)

Reactions: baillies
For all those existing Perth Tesla owners that want to make a point to Tesla Australia about our "service" centre, please jump on your Tesla app and book a service appointment for any outstanding warranty work you need done, no matter how insignificant you think it is. I've waited 8 months to get my one of many follow up service appointments.

Things like Lte upgrade, Homelink upgrade, CCS2 upgrade, cabin ultrasonic sensor upgrade, bioweapon HEPA filter upgrade, just to name a few, could be a good start.

Battery replacement before delivery, air-con circuit leak, falcon wing door rubs, four half shaft replacements and acceleration shudder, no drive unit whine mind you ;), leaking rear light, bathtub ring too etc, etc do detract somewhat, you'd have to agree. Man, where did I put those rose coloured glasses? Biggest fan, harshest critic.

I have CCS2 retrofit, FSD HW3 computer and yellow bathtub MCU on my outstanding service list, but fortunately none spoil my enjoyment of the car.

And therein lies the problem.
For as long as companies rely on the ambivalence of their customers, they are vulnerable to being usurped by newcomers who single-mindedly are intent on delivering excellence in every aspect of their operations.

Reactions: Jays200
I think Elon mentioned HW3 upgrades may start in Q4 so unlikely to get this till next year in Aus, also not much point till FSD functionality is approved here anyway.

The authorities in WA have no objection to FSD being rolled out as available, even Web browser when in park.
The proviso is of course is that the driver is still responsible and must keep "hands on wheel".
They say they will need statistical evidence that FSD is several times safer than humans before changing responsibility from the human to the car (and guess who is the only company which will have sufficient data in the near future), but they are following developments closely in their "Automated Vehicle Reforms" unit.
We have given two demonstration drives with several Teslas each day over the last year, so that they can monitor progress.
So I am happy to accept FSD with "hands on wheel" and am in the early access program to trial it as soon as available.

The authorities in WA have no objection to FSD being rolled out as available, even Web browser when in park.
The proviso is of course is that the driver is still responsible and must keep "hands on wheel".
They say they will need statistical evidence that FSD is several times safer than humans before changing responsibility from the human to the car (and guess who is the only company which will have sufficient data in the near future), but they are following developments closely in their "Automated Vehicle Reforms" unit.
We have given two demonstration drives with several Teslas each day over the last year, so that they can monitor progress.
So I am happy to accept FSD with "hands on wheel" and am in the early access program to trial it as soon as available.

I hate to say it, but FSD with hands on is not FSD. It’s as simple as that. For “the authorities” to require “hands on wheel” for a FSD car is as great a leap forward as allowing horseless carriages to traverse intersections but with a man in front of the vehicle with a red flag so as to warn horse and buggy riders.

Capture.JPG
Maybe this site. It looks a bit further progressed when we went past yesterday. Yeah I'm grasping at straws but it's there somewhere and I've probably driven past it more than once.

Google Maps

I really would have thought Perth and Adelaide would have been in the list of ~30 new locations that Tesla announced on social media last week. :(

The fact they mark these locations on the Tesla map as "having service centres" when they really just have the location of the mobile ranger is a bit sneaky, IMHO...

@Chuq I agree.

There are signs that Tesla might be moving in the right direction over here in Perth. We now have a new "mature" apprentice and a good indication of a new to Tesla tech starting soon. Also, "rumours" abound of a proper service centre location which won't have a Supercharger associated with it, which is a good thing in both regards.

Anyway, Tesla time is a stretch and I wouldn't be holding Tesla Australia to account if Elon hadn't said, "OK" in response to my very specific Twitter questions back in March.

@Chuq I agree.

There are signs that Tesla might be moving in the right direction over here in Perth. We now have a new "mature" apprentice and a good indication of a new to Tesla tech starting soon. Also, "rumours" abound of a proper service centre location which won't have a Supercharger associated with it, which is a good thing in both regards.

Anyway, Tesla time is a stretch and I wouldn't be holding Tesla Australia to account if Elon hadn't said, "OK" in response to my very specific Twitter questions back in March.
Adelaide also has a recently appointed decent apprentice. Fortunately I dont need to go to the big shed often.

Maybe this then. Rumor on the street is Osborne Park for a service centre. Not sure how old the Google streetview pic is but CBRE Property website no longer lists this. Interestingly, City of Stirling has this property listed as a new development application ID DA19/0346 - Change of Use - Motor Vehicle Wash to Showroom. View attachment 387628 View attachment 387629

It's funny you show that car wash. When it was for lease I met a real estate agent there about the building. We got to talking and he mentioned that Tesla were looking to rent it for servicing and a showroom but suddenly pulled out (this was in 2018).

• Informative
So to you WA drivers about to get the worlds best car, don't judge a book by its cover, the contents are compelling. And to Tesla, a bit of love in return would be nice before many drop the bundle and go elsewhere.

James might be a great tech (met him a few times), but I just made a post about it being nearly impossible to even order a new Tesla.

James is a great guy (despite him actually being a nice bloke) insofar as he's put up with Tesla making him work out of a shed for two years with not enough support as he's needed and on as much of a promise as us owners have been on regards a proper service centre. We all hope things improve dramatically with M3 coming to town.

Reactions: baillies