Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pet Liner (Dog Hammock and Door Protectors basically)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had the chance to try out the Tesla Pet Liner from the Official Tesla Shop yet? Only noticed it now - not sure how long they've been selling them for.

I just ordered one, and I'm curious as to how it looks and fit - in particular I'm wondering how the door protectors on the picture attach to the door/hammock itself.

Reactions: BitJam
This is a very recent offering, so you may not get much feedback. I wasn't aware of it until you posted this.

The aftermarket one I bought works well enough, and was about 1/3 the price, but I would be curious to hear your feedback on the Tesla offering, especially the door protectors. That's the weakspot on the aftermarket offerings in my opinion.

This is a very recent offering, so you may not get much feedback. I wasn't aware of it until you posted this.

The aftermarket one I bought works well enough, and was about 1/3 the price, but I would be curious to hear your feedback on the Tesla offering, especially the door protectors. That's the weakspot on the aftermarket offerings in my opinion.

Yeah, I've got various solutions but it's precisely the door protectors that got me interested in this product. I'll check it out and let you all know if no one else has.

Reactions: BierNut
I have an aftermarket pet liner that I got for about 1/3 the price but it started to rip where there is a slit to let the seat belt through. Not good. So I order the one from Tesla. I heard about it on the electrified YT channel. I guess we will soon see how well they work. I hope the door protectors do their job!

The lack of strong handles above the doors made the aftermarket "door protectors" very tricky to rig. Today I tried bungee cords.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Very happy with my $39 Amazon rig. Full protection on all sides and very plain so all totally 'wipe-downable'. Latches on to protect doors too so just as good as Tesla offering in that regard. I cant justify $145 for this just because it has a Tesla label on it.

Very happy with my $39 Amazon rig. Full protection on all sides and very plain so all totally 'wipe-downable'. Latches on to protect doors too so just as good as Tesla offering in that regard. I cant justify $145 for this just because it has a Tesla label on it.
I would appreciate a link to your Amazon product, or something similar. I'm about to do a 2,300 mile road trip with two 55 lb dogs. Anything to make that easy would be good.

I would appreciate a link to your Amazon product, or something similar. I'm about to do a 2,300 mile road trip with two 55 lb dogs. Anything to make that easy would be good.
I posted pics and links to the one I have here: Sheddy dog - how do you handle it?

Overall it works well, I just wish it had a bit more door coverage and didn't use the coat hooks in the rear to hang straps for the door panels.

• Informative
Reactions: kavyboy
Sorry for late reply; I didn’t see the thread.

I do have the Tesla pet protector, and it’s excellent. Fits perfectly in my 3, has Velcro cutouts for the seatbelts and stays perfectly in place.

The door protectors are interesting. There’s 3 plastic “tabs” that snap in at the window sill - it does a pretty good job staying in place. Love that the doors are protected.

I still get hair that gets by the protectors, but nothing like I’d have otherwise from this mutt.

She loves to stick her head on top of the mesh section of the protector between the two front seats. Silly girl!
859158AB-96CF-41C0-AD1B-879B40ADDC9D.jpeg

I posted pics and links to the one I have here: Sheddy dog - how do you handle it?

Overall it works well, I just wish it had a bit more door coverage and didn't use the coat hooks in the rear to hang straps for the door panels.
We just did our big road trip. The hammock was perfect. I bought the larger size for the Model S and it fit like a charm. We stuffed dog beds in the foot wells so they had a solid surface all over.

For anyone else reading this, I hope this info helps:
We had two dogs. Each had their own seatbelt tie-down, and the bright color helped find it against the black of the hammock.
We locked our Flexi-leads at a good length, then put the cord/rope part through the seatbelt tie-down eyelet while holding the main lead. This way we could strap them in and out of the car without having any dangerous intervals where they were not under 100% control. (In case of an accident, most pet safety products are ineffective at best, injurious at worst, so we figured this arrangement at least kept them from running away in the event of a crash.)