Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla phone anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The battery part of smart phones could be improved, mainly longevity so the phone lasts longer.

I would not rule Tesla eventually doing a phone in or out, becuase eventually can be a long time, and priorities might change.

But for the next 5 years we can just about rule it out.

There won't be a tPhone until it can be paired with Nuralink.

I think we also need to consider what is needed for Mars,

If phones, tablets and laptops are not made on Mars then the longevity of devices shipped to Mars is important.

For manufacture on Mars the following are priorities:-
  • Rocket fuel
  • Food
  • Water
  • Robots
  • Solar panels
  • Batteries
  • Boring machines
Those things are even harder to transport, if phones can be made long lasting, transporting them isn't a big issue.

A basic phone would pair well with VR/AR glasses. Also, phone OS could be developed to be VR/AR glasses ready. Will Apple want you to keep the iPhone or pair glasses with the watch only?

Future could be:

1. Now - smartphone on the move
  2. 2024 - Phone (or basic phone / watch) plus glasses
  3. 2026 - Glasses only (with basic phone or watch)
  4. 2030 - Neuralink

Reactions: MitchMitch
Further, Elon has already told the world that Neuralink's 1st product will be a phone: (2021-04-08)

Please love to kid themselves that Elon throws out random product ideas on a whim. History show that instead he as a decades-long product roadmap in mind, and reveals small fragments of the overall plan at opportune times. This "30% Apple Store Tax" issue has been brewing with Elon for years, if you paid attention.

He's now in a position to roll out the plan:
  • Starlink v2 satellites will offer world-wide cellular coverage to any place that can see the sky
  • if other cellular companies want to partner, they will have to share their spectrum with SpaceX
  • Twitter will be both an app store and a global meeting place
  • this will be all-inclusive, even enabling internet access to people with profound disabilities
Liz Wheeler on Twitter: "If Apple & Google boot Twitter from their app stores, @elonmusk should produce his own smartphone. Half the country would happily ditch the biased, snooping iPhone & Android. The man builds rockets to Mars, a silly little smartphone should be easy, right?" / Twitter

Yeah, Elon's gonna build a phone. Notice he said "I will make a phone", not Tesla will make a phone? I think it'll be the X-phone, and it'll be make by robots in Texas.

Cheers!

I'd give it a shot. I hate apple's proprietary nonsense and control. I also hate Android's endless bloat. I bought a Pixel 7 for a "clean android experience" or whatever, but it's an infuriating combination of new home screen features I cannot change or remove that just take up space, and an overload of options and settings. I know those two points sound contradictory, but I'm two months into the phone and I'm still having hints, tips pop up, still making BS setting changes, and I don't know if any setting is in the settings menu, the At a Glance menu, app info menu, app setting, or any of the half dozen areas settings might be. It's confusing and annoying.

In short, I'm ready to try something new.

• Informative
Reactions: Buckminster
Can I control and check the location of my Boring machine from the Tesla Phone? I'm sure it will be StarLink satellite compatable and all, but it absolutely must need to include the ability to make autonomous, senseless and insensitive Twitter posts while I'm almost passed out drunk along with also acting as a not-a-flamethrower fueled by Teslaquila.