Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Phone App to Summon Mobile Repair Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon you may be able to request help from a Tesla Mobile Service technician with a tap in the Tesla phone app.

In replying to an owner praising the company for it’s prompt help fixing a flat tire, Musk said Tesla will soon be adding functionality to Tesla’s phone app allowing owners to request service for “top issues” with “1 or 2 taps.”

Tesla’s app is already a handy companion, enabling owners to view the vehicle’s status and interior temperature. Additionally, owners can control doors and tailgate locks, climate control and use the Summon feature to help with tricky parking spots.

As with much of the company’s efforts, Tesla will try to leverage software to help with a growing fleet of cars on the road that could require service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had my Model S for over 2 years in upstate NY. (near Albany). Closest service place is in Mt. Kisco, over 2.5 hours away. I have 17k miles on car and have only had charge port door serviced in all that time. (Tesla came to my house; picked up car on flat bed; repaired and returned - awesome). I purchased expanded warranty/service when I bought car (sight unseen I might add). I love it. Should I have it looked at for "annual" service check? Can it be done locally by mobile service or do I have to go to Mt. Kisco?

I have had my Model S for over 2 years in upstate NY. (near Albany). Closest service place is in Mt. Kisco, over 2.5 hours away. I have 17k miles on car and have only had charge port door serviced in all that time. (Tesla came to my house; picked up car on flat bed; repaired and returned - awesome). I purchased expanded warranty/service when I bought car (sight unseen I might add). I love it. Should I have it looked at for "annual" service check? Can it be done locally by mobile service or do I have to go to Mt. Kisco?
Please ask Tesla [ nearest service center? or local you bought from? ].
AND let us know what Tesla says.

SEEMS a great idea that Tesla should explore. Those employees that actually pay attention could spot trends and this would help improve the Tesla products.

Thanks for talking to Tesla.

"and have only had charge port door serviced in all that time. (Tesla came to my house; picked up car on flat bed; repaired and returned - awesome). "

Awesome - but wasteful. Great cost to Tesla & also to environment - guess flatbed was not electric?

My guess is, fair chance it could have been repaired on site if problem described to service dept with pics & or video - then one tech could have come, with part if necessary & replaced or repaired. No loss of car time, ex. 1 hr or so -

Just my 2¢.

Reactions: Dana1