Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently am a Model X D100 owner. I know my car cannot be towed four wheels down. In fact, it must be towed on a flat bed truck. I am wondering if it would be possible for Tesla to make the new pickup truck towable behind an RV four wheels down. Could they have some kind of a switch to disengage the wheel motors from the drive so the wheels would be able to roll without putting any drag on the motors or drive mechanism?

I currently am a Model X D100 owner. I know my car cannot be towed four wheels down. In fact, it must be towed on a flat bed truck. I am wondering if it would be possible for Tesla to make the new pickup truck towable behind an RV four wheels down. Could they have some kind of a switch to disengage the wheel motors from the drive so the wheels would be able to roll without putting any drag on the motors or drive mechanism?
I’d be all over that and I could get rid of my current toad

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
My question would be if he wants to replace pickups, how can one plow with this cyber truck? Can it be attached and would it be able to supply the voltage necessary. I don’t think he really took the concept of the pickup truck all that seriously.

Reactions: firsttruck
Please add me to the list of RV owners that have ordered a CT and very much would like to use it as a toad to replace my current one.
Convoy mode with Autopilot like the semi is supposed to be able to do. Just have the Cybertruck follow your RV to wherever you're going. Hopefully that functionality isn't too far in the future.

Why would you not be able to use a snow plow attachment? Someone (vendor) will make an adapter for a plow attachment and run the electrics to the cab like any other truck. With a stainless steel body / structure, salt corrosion is not an issue.

My question would be if he wants to replace pickups, how can one plow with this cyber truck? Can it be attached and would it be able to supply the voltage necessary. I don’t think he really took the concept of the pickup truck all that seriously.

Oh, on the contrary, I believe he has taken the pick up truck more seriously than any other vehicle to this point. He knows it is the toughest market to break into. He knows he has to beat the legacy manufacturers with virtually every stat. That's why it looks the way it does. Form follows function, and function is going to be EVERYTHING with the Cybertruck.

Dan

Here is one
Fits All Models - Brand New DK2 Electric Snow Plow
clear1x1.gif

Product Code: K2P-ALLMODELS
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
PBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
PBox_Border_Right_Top_Opt.gif
Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

Fits All Models - Brand New
DK2 Electric Snow Plow

AllModels_a.jpg

This plow is available in three different blade sizes, 82" x 19", 84" x 22" and 88" x 26". The plows fit best with pickup trucks and SUV’s.

Forget the snowblower, this plow can take care of any snow removal job, big or small! Combine this with one of our salt spreaders to make your truck or SUV an all-in-one snow solution!

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

AllModels_b.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_c.jpg

Features:
  • Fits most light trucks and SUV’s (find your vehicle’s custom mount here)
  • Easy to mount – simply slides onto your custom vehicle specific mounting brackets in seconds. Slide out and roll away for storage
  • An electric winch lifts the blade, controlled from inside your warm vehicle for easy up and down snow control
  • Blade angles set and lock manually with a single lever lifting a pin to 3 blade locking positions: straight on, angled to the right, and angled to the left
  • Powder coated all-steel construction with UV protected paint
  • Locking castors allow easy plow attachment, removal, and roll away storage – just lower the wheels and roll the unit to wherever you want it
  • ISO 9001 certified manufacturer
  • 1 year limited warranty
  • Ships in a single carton on a standard size pallet
Specifications:
  • Item Number: RAMP8219
  • Assembled Weight: 265 lbs
  • Gross Weight: 280 lbs
  • Box Dimensions: 46" x 36" x 18"
  • Blade Sizes: 82" x 19" ($0.00), 84" x 22" (additional $200), 88" x 26" (additional $400)
Includes:
  • Electric Wireless Winch
  • Snow Deflector
  • Wiring Harness
  • Castor Kit
  • Cutting Edge
  • Plow Markers
  • Skid Shoes

20151229_105617.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105605.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105637.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105748.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105757.jpg

20151229_105811.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_d.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_f.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

storm2_g.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

LightKit-k2_2.jpg

Electric Winch

• K2 Wireless Winch gives your plow the ability to control snow from the comfort of your cab.
  • This unique design is built to withstand the harshest conditions.
  • It comes complete with hardware and a wireless remote control.
  • With this design, there is no need to go through the dashboard.
  • All you have to do is hook up to the plow and you are ready to go.
snowdeflector.jpg

Snow Deflector

• Made of a strong rubber compound
  • Keeps snow away from the windshield and drives the snow down to enhance plow performance.
  • Deflector Kit comes pre-drilled and ready for installation.
  • Net weight: 1.1 lb. / 0.5 kg
  • Deflector Kits are sold complete and are ready to install with hardware and steel mounting plate.

steelcuttingedge.jpg

Steel Cutting Edge

• Manufactured with a hardened steel to meet the harshest conditions
  • Replacement cutting edges are sold as complete kits including attaching hardware and scraper edge.

plowmarkers.jpg

Plow Markers

• Allow the operator to see the edge of his plow from the cab providing maximum visibility for increased performance and safety.
  • made from polymer plastic that can withstand the coldest days.
  • Markers are easy to assemble and bolt directly onto the blade.
  • Markers are shipped two (2) per set and includes all mounting hardware for easy installation.
skidshoes.jpg

Skid Shoes

• Designed to set the scraping height of the cutting edge.
  • It is common for the edge to run 1/2"-1" higher than the surface when plowing gravel driveways/lots or catching unwanted objects.
  • Rampage skid shoes come two per (2) and including all mounting hardware for easy installation.
ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gif

DBox_Border_Left_MidDiv.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_MidDiv.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
They could put manual locking hubs on all 4 wheels to disconnect the wheels, however I don't see them doing it. Seeing as how the truck is more setup to do the towing I don't see them making it able to be flat towed. Although with the off-road capabilities they might as occasionally you break stuff bad enough to need to tow it out from places you can't get a tow truck.

The snow plow shouldn't be too difficult. Just need a good place to mount it which may be the tricky part since it is going to be more of a exoskeleton construction. They have said they plan to have 240V power available so that can run any electric devices needed for the plow.

Reactions: firsttruck
Mount this to the tailgate
Meyer Products Salt Spreader — 1,024-Lb. Capacity, Model# 750R
Item# 21074

Hover over image to zoom

See Unloading Instructions

delivery-icon-store-pickup.svg

Not Available in Stores
  • The illuminated in-cab controller (patent-pending) includes buttons for the on/off switch, the "blast" mode which provides an on-command 70 Amp surge, and a "vibrate" mode
  • Selecting the Auto Spinner Stop Mode will automatically stop the spinner from spinning when the truck's brakes are applied for more than five seconds
  • One-touch operation provides you total control over the Blaster spreader
  • One-Touch Auto Control is a variable speed controller for more exact material placement
  • One Touch Auto Control comes standard with replaceable automotive style fuse, — simply replace a fuse and continue spreading

See full description

Product Summary
The Meyer® Blaster 750R lets you breeze through dry bagged salt-spreading chores even in the harshest conditions. Features a powerful 1/2 HP heavy-duty motors to break through material clumps with ease, reducing interruptions and boosting productivity. For salt only. U.S.A.

What's Included
  • (1) Poly hopper
  • (1) Variable speed controller

Product Manual

We need to see a real V plow on the cyber truck. The plow you have listed is missing controls (who need to get out of the truck to change the angles). Most normal plows have lights as a normal plow would be taller and thus would block the truck lights.

This won't be a plow that I would put on any truck that I own:
Here is one
Fits All Models - Brand New DK2 Electric Snow Plow
clear1x1.gif

Product Code: K2P-ALLMODELS
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
PBox_Border_Right_Bottom.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
PBox_Border_Right_Top_Opt.gif
Description
clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Top.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_Top.gif

clear1x1.gif

Fits All Models - Brand New
DK2 Electric Snow Plow

AllModels_a.jpg

This plow is available in three different blade sizes, 82" x 19", 84" x 22" and 88" x 26". The plows fit best with pickup trucks and SUV’s.

Forget the snowblower, this plow can take care of any snow removal job, big or small! Combine this with one of our salt spreaders to make your truck or SUV an all-in-one snow solution!

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

AllModels_b.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_c.jpg

Features:
  • Fits most light trucks and SUV’s (find your vehicle’s custom mount here)
  • Easy to mount – simply slides onto your custom vehicle specific mounting brackets in seconds. Slide out and roll away for storage
  • An electric winch lifts the blade, controlled from inside your warm vehicle for easy up and down snow control
  • Blade angles set and lock manually with a single lever lifting a pin to 3 blade locking positions: straight on, angled to the right, and angled to the left
  • Powder coated all-steel construction with UV protected paint
  • Locking castors allow easy plow attachment, removal, and roll away storage – just lower the wheels and roll the unit to wherever you want it
  • ISO 9001 certified manufacturer
  • 1 year limited warranty
  • Ships in a single carton on a standard size pallet
Specifications:
  • Item Number: RAMP8219
  • Assembled Weight: 265 lbs
  • Gross Weight: 280 lbs
  • Box Dimensions: 46" x 36" x 18"
  • Blade Sizes: 82" x 19" ($0.00), 84" x 22" (additional $200), 88" x 26" (additional $400)
Includes:
  • Electric Wireless Winch
  • Snow Deflector
  • Wiring Harness
  • Castor Kit
  • Cutting Edge
  • Plow Markers
  • Skid Shoes

20151229_105617.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105605.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105637.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105748.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

20151229_105757.jpg

20151229_105811.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_d.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

summit2_f.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

storm2_g.jpg

ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

LightKit-k2_2.jpg

Electric Winch

• K2 Wireless Winch gives your plow the ability to control snow from the comfort of your cab.
  • This unique design is built to withstand the harshest conditions.
  • It comes complete with hardware and a wireless remote control.
  • With this design, there is no need to go through the dashboard.
  • All you have to do is hook up to the plow and you are ready to go.
snowdeflector.jpg

Snow Deflector

• Made of a strong rubber compound
  • Keeps snow away from the windshield and drives the snow down to enhance plow performance.
  • Deflector Kit comes pre-drilled and ready for installation.
  • Net weight: 1.1 lb. / 0.5 kg
  • Deflector Kits are sold complete and are ready to install with hardware and steel mounting plate.

steelcuttingedge.jpg

Steel Cutting Edge

• Manufactured with a hardened steel to meet the harshest conditions
  • Replacement cutting edges are sold as complete kits including attaching hardware and scraper edge.

plowmarkers.jpg

Plow Markers

• Allow the operator to see the edge of his plow from the cab providing maximum visibility for increased performance and safety.
  • made from polymer plastic that can withstand the coldest days.
  • Markers are easy to assemble and bolt directly onto the blade.
  • Markers are shipped two (2) per set and includes all mounting hardware for easy installation.
skidshoes.jpg

Skid Shoes

• Designed to set the scraping height of the cutting edge.
  • It is common for the edge to run 1/2"-1" higher than the surface when plowing gravel driveways/lots or catching unwanted objects.
  • Rampage skid shoes come two per (2) and including all mounting hardware for easy installation.
ORDER ONLINE NOW OR
CALL 1-866-606-3991

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_MidDiv.gif
clear1x1.gif
DBox_Border_Right_MidDiv.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif
clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

clear1x1.gif

Mount this to the tailgate
Meyer Products Salt Spreader — 1,024-Lb. Capacity, Model# 750R
Item# 21074

Hover over image to zoom

See Unloading Instructions

delivery-icon-store-pickup.svg

Not Available in Stores
  • The illuminated in-cab controller (patent-pending) includes buttons for the on/off switch, the "blast" mode which provides an on-command 70 Amp surge, and a "vibrate" mode
  • Selecting the Auto Spinner Stop Mode will automatically stop the spinner from spinning when the truck's brakes are applied for more than five seconds
  • One-touch operation provides you total control over the Blaster spreader
  • One-Touch Auto Control is a variable speed controller for more exact material placement
  • One Touch Auto Control comes standard with replaceable automotive style fuse, — simply replace a fuse and continue spreading

See full description

Product Summary
The Meyer® Blaster 750R lets you breeze through dry bagged salt-spreading chores even in the harshest conditions. Features a powerful 1/2 HP heavy-duty motors to break through material clumps with ease, reducing interruptions and boosting productivity. For salt only. U.S.A.

What's Included
  • (1) Poly hopper
  • (1) Variable speed controller

Product Manual
There you go. Mount an environment destroying salt thrower on a environmentally sound EV truck...

Oh, on the contrary, I believe he has taken the pick up truck more seriously than any other vehicle to this point. He knows it is the toughest market to break into. He knows he has to beat the legacy manufacturers with virtually every stat. That's why it looks the way it does. Form follows function, and function is going to be EVERYTHING with the Cybertruck.

Dan
Well if he is going for function over form what the heck are they putting a gimmicky air suspension on the thing? Only advantage air has on a truck is towing heavy loads. They suck off road.