Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the Raptor video. I can hardly wait to see Doug's expression when he launches the upcoming (soon, I hope) pickup. Many (not all) nice features to add to Tesla's design list. A built-in power lift gate instead of the hokey pull out granny stairs and rail would be far preferable. Think Tommy Gate, but built in with an extension flap hinged at the top that folds out to provide a bigger (useful) surface to lift equipment/supplies. NO ONE has that! Hello Franz, are you following this? It could be an option, of course. Also, an 8-foot bed and quad cab would really make it useful. Those 3 optional features would have a registration line almost as long as the Model 3's. I'd be first in line!

image.png
An optional (or after market) 8 foot solar PV array bed cover and 120v and 240v power outlets would also be very useful. See http://www.viamotors.com/vehicles/soltrux/.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I have thought you could build a reasonably decent truck on the Model S/X platform, though I would extend the bed all the way to the back of the front seats. In the space under the bed, extra battery modules could be installed for better range.