Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know Elon has stated something like MadMax designed pickup is coming, but I wander if he is misdirecting a bit too. Would not surprise me if during the Y reveal he reveals a unibody truck based on the Y/3 platform.

While a HD pickup truck based on the Semi looks cool, unless it sells in high volume it will not pay the bills. A unibody pickup (like the Honda Ridgeline, and new unibodies that Ford and Hyundai are working on) based on proven mechanicals would be a slam dunk sales wise for Tesla. Tesla needs slam dunks more than "cool".

I know Elon has stated something like MadMax designed pickup is coming, but I wander if he is misdirecting a bit too. Would not surprise me if during the Y reveal he reveals a unibody truck based on the Y/3 platform.

While a HD pickup truck based on the Semi looks cool, unless it sells in high volume it will not pay the bills. A unibody pickup (like the Honda Ridgeline, and new unibodies that Ford and Hyundai are working on) based on proven mechanicals would be a slam dunk sales wise for Tesla. Tesla needs slam dunks more than "cool".

I am going to guess it will be a unibody. IFS front and rear.
And geared more toward performance than working utility.