Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I will be charging it at the local Ford dealership, since they have no charging infrastructure... I'll pass.
My local Ford dealer has one outside level 2 charger they they refer to as their high speed charger. I once tried to charge my Ford Focus Electric at another dealer when I decided to try a trip beyond the range from home. I went inside and asked someone and he said OK. Then the manager saw me charging and sent someone out to tell me to leave.

Yeah I'm feeling the same, its gotta be better than my FJ with all the aftermarket modes (or I at least need to be able to move them over to the truck). BTW I will be installing one of these for on board hot water, hopefully this weekend.

I expected that to be 4 times the price when watching the video as it seems to have an elaborate setup. Looks nice but won't transfer over to an EV??

I don't think it'll have the sloped cabin-to-hood look like the latest images. The leaked shot looks like a pretty standard hood leading to a normal windshield start-point, at least to me. More a sci-fi lined version of the cartoonish looking rivian imo....(which should be freaking awesome.)
PVlZ5yl.png

I don't think it'll have the sloped cabin-to-hood look like the latest images. The leaked shot looks like a pretty standard hood leading to a normal windshield start-point, at least to me. More a sci-fi lined version of the cartoonish looking rivian imo....(which should be freaking awesome.)
PVlZ5yl.png

I think it will most definitely have the sloped cabin/hood design. Tesla intentionally tried to throw everyone off with how they oriented that teaser photo and direction of the rain. Plus, the “blade runner” comment essentially guarantees it.

Hello everyone, I joined the forum today after reading many posts here about the new truck. Having read much of this thread (skimmed a lot of the earlier stuff), I gather that we should have an announcement any day now as to what the date of the reveal will be. I see many of you have added insight and experience based speculations. I stumbled on these images when doing a search for "leaked" images, but I haven't found these in this forum yet. Do any of you think these are legit? I know they don't have that blade runner front end, but sometimes folks take Musk's statements to literally.
tesla-pickup-truck-rendering-is-the-most-rugged-ev-ever-134880-7.jpg

Tesla Truck.jpg

Tesla truck1.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla Truck.jpg
    Tesla Truck.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 20
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Hello everyone, I joined the forum today after reading many posts here about the new truck. Having read much of this thread (skimmed a lot of the earlier stuff), I gather that we should have an announcement any day now as to what the date of the reveal will be. I see many of you have added insight and experience based speculations. I stumbled on these images when doing a search for "leaked" images, but I haven't found these in this forum yet. Do any of you think these are legit? I know they don't have that blade runner front end, but sometimes folks take Musk's statements to literally.
View attachment 435756

View attachment 435757

View attachment 435759
These are only someone's sketch. Not even remotely official. No one will see anything until the reveal.

I'm curious if that's something you're guessing at, or if you work in the industry and think that trailer builders build "inordinately heavy" trailers (for the cost) - that they're not building them as light (and cheap) that still makes them functional.

Or is there some technology disruption in trailer manufacturing that the current trailer manufacturers are missing.

I'm not in the industry, so I really don't know.

View attachment 435756

View attachment 435757

View attachment 435759

Thats a Behance.com render that has no basis in reality and looks like an Model X concept with a box.

This is more in the ballpark in my opinion of what we will see. Based on a sketch found on Reddit Tesla forum.

5vlcn5alwl531.jpg

View attachment 435756

View attachment 435757

View attachment 435759

If the truck ends up looking like this, I'll buy the first one off the line.

I’m right there with you, in fact, I’ll take two.
I will be hoping it’s more like the images I posted than the pencil sketch from redit.

Anyone else seen good “concepts”? Have anything to share?

The best we have to go on at this point is the teaser pic that Tesla released. The rest is speculation. Also, Elon’s “Blade Runner” description should also be a good indicator of where they are taking the truck, design wise. Give the movie a watch if you want to see a render!

PVlZ5yl.png
Is that Franz von Holzhausen checking out the "competition"?

Reactions: FlatSix911
It would be great if the real Tesla truck looks as good as this one. If the Tesla turns out to be something weird, I will just have to wait for the bollinger instead.

The Tesla truck, like all other Tesla vehicles, will not be a weird mobile. Thus, it will be as ‘futuristic’ as a Rivian and really no more.

For descriptive alignment of ‘blade runner’, remember that Elon compared being in the 3 as being in a spaceship.

I hope that there will be more than just an auxiliary 12 V power socket.

- There should be additional 12 V in the bed of the truk, or even some power 120 V AC power allowing to use some workman power tools.

Note: If I remember, I think that Elon Musk posted a Tweet asking for some inputs for requested features for the pickup truck?