TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Pilot: A Record of my Journey

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Buster1, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Hey Guys.

For those that don't know, I'm a professional and General Aviation pilot, as well as an author and writer. I run a small webpage that's all about Aviation and Aviation Safety.

I've just started a new section on my webpage for the sole purpose of chronicling my journey into Tesla ownership. Have a look (there's not much there yet) if you are interested in my journey and my lessons as I dive in. Might be some parallels to the Model 3 ownership journey, but who knows right?

Tesla

Thanks!

• Like x 2
  2. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The other thing you need to do, if you don't want posts removed - is supply some content here rather than just linking to the site. Otherwise you violate the site TOS by just using it to gain views.

• Informative x 1
  4. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

The main thing owning a Tesla will teach a pilot is the depressing lesson that the decline of GA is only going to accelerate. Self driving 100mpg+ electric cars make a $60K 1975 C182 look like an even worse value proposition for most missions than it already is. And they help at least somewhat reduce the lust for a $250-$700K used/new SR22. I'm a private pilot - I love long journeys in my Tesla so much that I've really lost a lot of my appetite for purchasing a plane - except for the one I can't afford - an SF50. The only plane that could come close to a Tesla's smooth riding, high tech "welcome to the future" personal rocket ship factor - is one well out of the reach of most pilots (including this one - but I can dream about "someday").

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.11.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.21.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.16.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 3.16.52 AM.png

5. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Thanks for the heads up bonnie. I don't want to violate anything!

I made another post here, and included a snippet of the next article. I'll be sure to do so on future posts as I don't want to get in trouble around here. I'm just documenting my experience buying a Tesla, and maybe it can help someone out there do the same someday.

Thank you.