Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plaid Round Steering Test

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I bought and tested out a custom round steering wheel to replace the yoke. Overall it was a big relief... I found myself driving, turning, parking naturally again. Felt so good. The wheel is very sturdy and is built off a factory Tesla yoke core so its direct plug and play. I did have to swap the yoke trim into it which was a bit of a pain but otherwise it went seamless. It is heavier than stock so it made the ride feel very stable on highways but wasnt optimum in my opinion if you like to drift and need fast steering inputs. Its also slightly off center due to the design of the center core but I got used to it quite quickly and it didnt bother me at all..

I really did enjoy testing it out! I put it up for sale at a discount in the Parts section if anyone is interested.

***For Sale Thread Tesla Plaid Round Steering Wheel***

Video Clip:

Attachments

• IMG_0771.jpg
    IMG_0771.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: E90alex
I drive very aggressively and because of the added weight and slight off center position, it felt more like throwing a weight around and kept me from super fast movements like drifting and such. I tried it out for a couple weeks, overall I was happy with it and I got used to it being slightly off center, just the weight made me change my mind.. I was really on the fence about keeping it on the car though, I did get used to it after a while and I really enjoyed having a traditional style back.. So its up to personal preference as to who may enjoy this wheel and who wont..