Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plaid toying with other high performance cars on the dragstrip whilst trying not to get kicked off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the main video:

I think there ***may*** come a time when watching the Plaid win all these races becomes monotonous and predictable, but today is not that day. The whole video is worth a watch, but for the impatient below, I linked just the races.

For those not in the know, the ET quarter mile time doesn't take into account your own reaction time when slamming it on the green light, however to "win" the race, the reaction time is taken into account.

For each race, I have time linked each part of the video so you don't have to fast forward:

- Plaid vs (modified) Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: The Plaid constantly lifts on and off the pedal so he wins by the smallest margin possible to try and stay over the 10 second quarter mile (otherwise you get kicked off the track unless you have a roll cage!). I love his "*Is that all you've got?!*" and laugh towards the end of the race, justified because of the alleged over-confidence of the Jeep driver.

- Plaid vs (tuned) Nissan GT-R: With the Plaid feathering again, so backwards and forwards like a yoyo; must be confusing for the GTR driver. "*I'm sure some of you folks out there who aren't crazy about GTRs... enjoyed that*".

- Plaid vs (ProCharged) Hellcat Redeye Challenger: The Redeye didn't even know what hit him as the Plaid badge was covered up. This is the second time he's raced this driver, and as before, the Redeye guy was a bit reserved about what was under the hood (we found out the previous Supercharged Mustang encounter used a nitrous oxide engine). But with the Plaid it doesn't really matter; feathering the pedal to just keep a fender ahead of the Redeye ensured a smooth victory (and redemption) for the Plaid (previous race was just the S Raven AFAIK).

- Plaid vs (ProCharged) Hellcat Redeye Challenger - REMATCH. Funnily enough, the Redeye guy wanted a rematch because he thought he could still win. Obviously he didn't know the Plaid guy was feathering, and had hidden power that wasn't being unleashed. The redeye got a decent headstart and was ahead for a good while, but that didn't last long... Even though the Redeye ALSO got under 10s, the plaid ran a 9.72 which is pushing his luck because he could get kicked off the track. Worth it though! Hilariously, the Redeye driver couldn't believe the Plaid was feathering judging by the conversation that took place [afterwards](https://youtu.be/7pEjofbOXds?t=1098) (also see [end](https://youtu.be/7pEjofbOXds?t=1373) of video).