Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Plans to Show Production Cybertruck in Q2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

A production version of the Cybertruck is expected to be unveiled in Q2, Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter.

Musk also explained that much of the effort around Cybertruck is building the factory where the truck will be manufactured. Tesla is hustling to build Giga Texas in Austin in time for the Cybertruck to go into production at the end of the year. 

Tesla has been giving consideration to the Cybertruck’s hulking proportions, which could prevent the wildly-styled, bulletproof, pickup from fitting into the average suburban garage.

Musk said recently on the Joe Rogan Experience podcast that the final version of the Cybertruck would shrink by about 3% in its final form. There’s also speculation that Tesla could show off even more features for the truck, including a solar panel-covered bed cover.

Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter last month that he had just visited the design studio and thought the highly-anticipated vehicle is “looking good.”

Last edited by a moderator:
i put my reservation when the ordering page opened after the launch for a tri-motor FSD (at old pricing) but I am starting to believe that this is going to be 3rd quarter 2022 for delivers. I believe that’s still an optimistic view and would not be surprised if it went longer. I’m hoping the CT doesn’t go the path of roadster 2. speaking of roadster 2, I was going to put a deposit on that 2 years ago and was talked out of it by some on this forum. It was great advice because the market returns on the 50k, which was a lot, woke over been 0 had I given Tesla an interest free loan.

Im wondering how many deposits have been returned on the roadster 2 over the last year or so.

Reactions: TessP100D
i put my reservation when the ordering page opened after the launch for a tri-motor FSD (at old pricing) but I am starting to believe that this is going to be 3rd quarter 2022 for delivers. I believe that’s still an optimistic view and would not be surprised if it went longer. I’m hoping the CT doesn’t go the path of roadster 2. speaking of roadster 2, I was going to put a deposit on that 2 years ago and was talked out of it by some on this forum. It was great advice because the market returns on the 50k, which was a lot, woke over been 0 had I given Tesla an interest free loan.

Im wondering how many deposits have been returned on the roadster 2 over the last year or so.
I hear ya and have the same sentiment. Again, I’ve stopped looking for updates and have moved on mentally and am no longer hopeful of getting mine for a few years at least (I didn’t preorder until last Summer). The lack of any real updates has killed my enthusiasm.

Reactions: TessP100D
I hear ya and have the same sentiment. Again, I’ve stopped looking for updates and have moved on mentally and am no longer hopeful of getting mine for a few years at least (I didn’t preorder until last Summer). The lack of any real updates has killed my enthusiasm.
i Have been saying 2023 for the first deliveries of the CT for a long time. I see nothing that would change my mind.

• Disagree
Reactions: 82bert and Zer0t
A production version of the Cybertruck is expected to be unveiled in Q2, Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter.

1*bAUTC-8AK9WQ3A5BaZRhXw.jpeg

You mean 2022. Giga Texas will be done later this year. If not at least 1 production unit delivery by EOY, 2022 has 365 days before 2023.

2022 will be the year of the Cybertruck

Also, I forgot to mention, Tesla's own filings show that Austin will first be used to produce Model Y. I'm not familiar with that facility and what the intentions are for various production lines, but all the filings for future sites show Austin producing Model Y status as "construction" and then Cybertruck and Semi are still in development.

Here's the latest filing:
1626455572925.png