Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: please enable "I am being pulled over" mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can already record the exterior camera's and the interior is coming soon. I got pulled over for running a stop sign by a small town Midwestern officer that most likely had never seen a Tesla. After informing them of the video they let me go. By the way my stop was perfect and even waited three or so seconds.

Police are your friend, obey the lawns and they won't pull you over.
If you are pulled over be polite and respectful rather than seeking confrontation and all will be fine.

Only once was I pulled over without cause and in that case I was a 19yo kid out at 2am and they wanted to see if I was drunk. Every other time I most definitely deserves to be stopped and deserved every ticket I got.

If you are pulled over be polite and respectful rather than seeking confrontation and all will be fine.

Only once was I pulled over without cause and in that case I was a 19yo kid out at 2am and they wanted to see if I was drunk. Every other time I most definitely deserves to be stopped and deserved every ticket I got.
Someone hasn’t been watching the news...

Meth and fentanyl can make a person particularly combative, kneeling on him 9minutes was wrong, the cop needs to go to jail for the death, no hesitation, but we need to admit the deceased CAUSED THE INTERACTION. That officer should have long since been fired at the very least.

Or are you talking about the one where the again intoxicated guy wrestled with police, stole a weapon and was firing it at the officer who then shot him. Again the deceased caused the interaction.

Breonna Taylor case comes close to the narrative put forth about police but is getting less attention and is an extraordinary rare example. The rioters and the results of reduced policing have killed far more folks in the last month than police do in such cases in years.
Look up the stats on how much shootings have risen in NYC since plain clothes officers were pulled.

Let me guess you still believe "hands up don't shoot".

Police in most areas are the first people to arrive to help you when you call 911, that is what I believe and we teach our children.

Police in most areas are the first people to arrive to help you when you call 911, that is what I believe and we teach our children.
I'm just gonna throw this out there that you are white.

It's entirely ridiculous in today's world to dismiss that there is a systemic different treatment for people of color versus whites when it comes to encounters with the police. There's so much video evidence that you really have to be intentionally remaining uninformed to claim it.

That being said, there's no reason to be rude and hostile to someone doing their job. The more recording, the better. For everyone.

Meth and fentanyl can make a person particularly combative, kneeling on him 9minutes was wrong, the cop needs to go to jail for the death, no hesitation, but we need to admit the deceased CAUSED THE INTERACTION. That officer should have long since been fired at the very least.

Or are you talking about the one where the again intoxicated guy wrestled with police, stole a weapon and was firing it at the officer who then shot him. Again the deceased caused the interaction.

Breonna Taylor case comes close to the narrative put forth about police but is getting less attention and is an extraordinary rare example. The rioters and the results of reduced policing have killed far more folks in the last month than police do in such cases in years.
Look up the stats on how much shootings have risen in NYC since plain clothes officers were pulled.

Let me guess you still believe "hands up don't shoot".

Wow. Good luck out there, officer.

You never know what a cop is going to do. He has a gun and power, the judge will take his word over yours. If he’s had a bad day he will do whatever he wants, simple as that. The data about black Americans is out there, they did at a much higher rate at police hands than white Americans do and if you haven’t listened yet, then you have a problem.

I spent two days looking at this post, wondering if I should say anything. I was going to detail a few of my own experiences, as a black person who was born and raised in southern california. One who is educated, has a nice house, a good job, with both a new BMW and Tesla in my garage, solar on my roof, powerwalls, etc. I mention all that stuff to say that I am not a "disadvantaged" person.

Anyway, rather tell you several of the experiences I have had, even though I am a law abiding citizen who has never gotten more than a speeding ticket in his entire life, I would just tell you to ask any black people you might know well enough to ask the question if their experience matches yours.

I know mine sure doesnt.

I spent two days looking at this post, wondering if I should say anything. I was going to detail a few of my own experiences, as a black person who was born and raised in southern california. One who is educated, has a nice house, a good job, with both a new BMW and Tesla in my garage, solar on my roof, powerwalls, etc. I mention all that stuff to say that I am not a "disadvantaged" person.

Anyway, rather tell you several of the experiences I have had, even though I am a law abiding citizen who has never gotten more than a speeding ticket in his entire life, I would just tell you to ask any black people you might know well enough to ask the question if their experience matches yours.

I know mine sure doesnt.
OP doesn’t know any black people. That’s part of the problem.

This is a pretty good idea, especially figuring I don't want to honk to save once they leave.

As for the racial bias - statistics prove officers are biased, and one could strongly argue justifiably so. Not saying it is right by any means, but understandable. It will take a few more generations and cultural change for how people act for that bias to go away. Nothing else will change it. Those bias, defined as defense mechanisms and survival instincts, are embedded into us by mother nature and evolution.

I think this is the last post I will make in this thread, somewhat on this topic.

I have had a few people reach out to me in PMs asking a few questions. In general, I dont think these boards are the right place for these discussions. I come here to learn about tesla(s) and help others with what I have learned about teslas. There are plenty of other places where one can engage in those discussions, should one wish to.

I dont normally identify myself online in any particular way (just like others dont) because I have found, that even in message boards, some will treat you differently.

So,im just going to let this die somewhere, and move on with learning about teslas, and helping other people learn about teslas as I am able to.