Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: please enable "I am being pulled over" mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not an insult, it's reality. For an opinion to be worthy of respect you must first do the hard work required to make that opinion honest, objective, and valid. The concept that trailer park folks are more likely to be democrats wanting "free stuff" is inaccurate. Hang out in a trailer park and discuss Obama versus Trump and judge the response. Try it. If an "opinion", for example, is that most people on welfare are minorities or liberals wanting "free stuff" that is inaccurate also, not worthy of respect as an opinion. The majority of welfare goes to single white mothers living in red states. The red states are the welfare states, carried by the blue. Fact. Opinions are only as valid and worthy of respect as the objective hard work and honesty which goes into them. It's disingenuous to bellyache if you're not willing to do the hard work........

It seems you automatically assumed I associated liberals and trailer park with race.

I don't know much about trailer parks, and I doubt there is much data on trailer park voting statistics, I'll refer to your best judgement there, which I strongly doubt is factually based. What I can find though, which assumes people in trailer parks make under 30k a year, they tend to not even vote. Liberal's wanting free stuff is a blanket statement, but generally true. The rise and support for people like AOC and Bernie support that statement.

I guess honest and valid go with how well you can perceive data. Your 'facts' regarding welfare recipients aren't necessarily wrong,but quite deceiving. A quick glance of Census data shows that females, as a whole, receive slightly more welfare. It also shows that whites receive the most welfare. Since whites make up an overwhelming portion of the population, in general we would expect them to receive the most of everything. However the data shows us that although whites make up roughly 86% of the population, they only account for roughly 75% of welfare. Minorities make up 14% of the population and account for 25% of welfare. It can be simply stated that minorities are more likely to be on welfare than whites, and as a whole, females are more likely to be on welfare. While I can find the raw data, finding it compiled in a meaningful manner seems to be difficult, I would love to see your source on how you differentiate red from blue states in regards to welfare and drilled down to race and gender. Maybe one day if I get bored I will compile a nice dashboard to display these statistics in a more useful way. Of course when over 30 states voted red, it's easy to just throw out blanket statements, since they are the majority.

Now let's talk about blue states supporting red. The most federal dependent state in 2020 (by a long shot)? New Mexico, of which Hilary won. The rumor of blue supporting red can be explained and debunked here: No, 'blue states' do not bail out 'red states' (BTW I recommend everyone using The Hill has their primary news source, they are by far the least biased media outlet.) However, as described there, federal assistance is quite broad and varies greatly on a multitude of variables. It doesn't quite paint the entire picture. If we look at something a little more direct, like SNAP, the picture is painted a bit more even across states. I could say something deceiving like California receives the most SNAP benefits, which is a dominantly blue state. Or we could say based on percentage population, New Mexico receives the most SNAP funding (again blue). However the reality is, it is pretty damn even. The top 10 states are split 50/50 based on 2016 voting results. The states receiving the least benefits are a 60/40 split, benefiting red states. (The States With The Most (And Least) People On Food Stamps - Zippia)

There are some facts for you. How you choose to see them is up to you. Drill down into some of the racial "facts" portrayed by the media and you would be surprised by the actual truth about some of these racial injustice claims. The data is out there, and unfortunately both the left and right portray the information in a way that fits their narrative. With the liberal run media (fact, not opinion), most of it fits the narrative of the left.People have the ability to access this information free of charge, and there are free tools out there to help people make the correlations to see the real truth. There is also free access to learn how to use these tools. Unfortunately it's easier to just spew out and repeat the BS that CNN puts out on a daily basis.

PS: It is funny how only my post was moved, but the others were not. Again, that fits the new liberal narrative of, "if you don't agree if us, it's bad".

• Disagree
Reactions: TydalForce
Liberal's wanting free stuff is a blanket statement, but generally true. The rise and support for people like AOC and Bernie support that statement.

I'd swear steve jobs was still alive, as the distortion reality field seems to have gotton stronger, recently. did someone start playing with pions, recently?? maybe it was the free-mesons. also liberals. harumph!

Reactions: TydalForce
It seems you automatically assumed I associated liberals and trailer park with race.

I don't know much about trailer parks, and I doubt there is much data on trailer park voting statistics, I'll refer to your best judgement there, which I strongly doubt is factually based. What I can find though, which assumes people in trailer parks make under 30k a year, they tend to not even vote. Liberal's wanting free stuff is a blanket statement, but generally true. The rise and support for people like AOC and Bernie support that statement.

I guess honest and valid go with how well you can perceive data. Your 'facts' regarding welfare recipients aren't necessarily wrong,but quite deceiving. A quick glance of Census data shows that females, as a whole, receive slightly more welfare. It also shows that whites receive the most welfare. Since whites make up an overwhelming portion of the population, in general we would expect them to receive the most of everything. However the data shows us that although whites make up roughly 86% of the population, they only account for roughly 75% of welfare. Minorities make up 14% of the population and account for 25% of welfare. It can be simply stated that minorities are more likely to be on welfare than whites, and as a whole, females are more likely to be on welfare. While I can find the raw data, finding it compiled in a meaningful manner seems to be difficult, I would love to see your source on how you differentiate red from blue states in regards to welfare and drilled down to race and gender. Maybe one day if I get bored I will compile a nice dashboard to display these statistics in a more useful way. Of course when over 30 states voted red, it's easy to just throw out blanket statements, since they are the majority.

Now let's talk about blue states supporting red. The most federal dependent state in 2020 (by a long shot)? New Mexico, of which Hilary won. The rumor of blue supporting red can be explained and debunked here: No, 'blue states' do not bail out 'red states' (BTW I recommend everyone using The Hill has their primary news source, they are by far the least biased media outlet.) However, as described there, federal assistance is quite broad and varies greatly on a multitude of variables. It doesn't quite paint the entire picture. If we look at something a little more direct, like SNAP, the picture is painted a bit more even across states. I could say something deceiving like California receives the most SNAP benefits, which is a dominantly blue state. Or we could say based on percentage population, New Mexico receives the most SNAP funding (again blue). However the reality is, it is pretty damn even. The top 10 states are split 50/50 based on 2016 voting results. The states receiving the least benefits are a 60/40 split, benefiting red states. (The States With The Most (And Least) People On Food Stamps - Zippia)

There are some facts for you. How you choose to see them is up to you. Drill down into some of the racial "facts" portrayed by the media and you would be surprised by the actual truth about some of these racial injustice claims. The data is out there, and unfortunately both the left and right portray the information in a way that fits their narrative. With the liberal run media (fact, not opinion), most of it fits the narrative of the left.People have the ability to access this information free of charge, and there are free tools out there to help people make the correlations to see the real truth. There is also free access to learn how to use these tools. Unfortunately it's easier to just spew out and repeat the BS that CNN puts out on a daily basis.

PS: It is funny how only my post was moved, but the others were not. Again, that fits the new liberal narrative of, "if you don't agree if us, it's bad".

This is not personal, Adrian. Take a deep breath. I said nothing and made not one assumption about you personally. I did respond neutrally to several general concepts you shared, nothing more. That said the above furthers the point. The precise antithesis of the hard work behind a valid opinion. A google search used to bolster beliefs is the opposite of longstanding honest hard work. Exemplified by using the one exception to the red states point, New Mexico, extrapolating from there to unknown eternity. Obfuscation has the advantage of false turns before the unposted dead end. Divest of ego and we all benefit. Tossing the ego is the quintessential part of that hard work.

Last edited:
If they built this, getting audio off the microphone would be really useful. There are places in the world where the same fun functionality for a potential carjacking mode might be just as handy, especially if you could ever upload the video to the cloud.

Can't generalize any group. Saying cops are bad overall is as incorrect as any generalizing any other group whether by vocation, gender, race, etc. Hell, I even have a friend who always makes generalizations about Tesla owners. Bottomline is there are good and bad individuals in every single group you can imagine. In this case, there are absolutely some bad cops but I actually know a couple of good ones as well who are good people, care about their job, and do it in a fair and unbiased manner. My experience varies a lot and can't lump all cops into one group.

I've been pulled over for an infraction and ticketed - cop doing his job
I've been pulled over for an inspection at a roadblock and the cop apologized for the inconvenience - cop being courteous/professional
I've been pulled over for an infraction and warned - cop being generous
I've been pulled over for no reason and ticketed - cop biased.

Back to OP, not a bad thing to have a recording function when pulled over.

Meth and fentanyl can make a person particularly combative, kneeling on him 9minutes was wrong, the cop needs to go to jail for the death, no hesitation, but we need to admit the deceased CAUSED THE INTERACTION. That officer should have long since been fired at the very least.

Or are you talking about the one where the again intoxicated guy wrestled with police, stole a weapon and was firing it at the officer who then shot him. Again the deceased caused the interaction.

Breonna Taylor case comes close to the narrative put forth about police but is getting less attention and is an extraordinary rare example. The rioters and the results of reduced policing have killed far more folks in the last month than police do in such cases in years.
Look up the stats on how much shootings have risen in NYC since plain clothes officers were pulled.

Let me guess you still believe "hands up don't shoot".

Police in most areas are the first people to arrive to help you when you call 911, that is what I believe and we teach our children.

Sounds like someones been watching Fox News too much.