Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

Recently I launched a project I have been putting loads of time and love into.
"Tesla Plus" is an iOS-app. An alternative to the official Tesla app, and the other 3rd party apps out there.
It features a UI that looks much more like the UI in the car, and has additional unique features.
I am hoping to add new features regularly in the next months.

Please bring me all the feedback you have!
I would also love suggestions for new features, or ideas of how I can make the app better.

The app has a free trial period of a full week, and during this week all features can be used freely without paying anything.

Please have a look!
I have put loads of work into this :)

Link to app:
Plus — for Tesla Model S & X on the App Store

Here is a promo video I made for the app:

• Disagree
Reactions: snd92 and mattmass
Hi everyone!

"Tesla Plus" is an iOS-app. An alternative to the official Tesla app, and the other 3rd party apps out there.
It features a UI that looks much more like the UI in the car, and has additional unique features.

I would also love suggestions for new features, or ideas of how I can make the app better.

The app has a free trial period of a full week, and during this week all features can be used freely without paying anything.

Please have a look!

Link to app:

I'm sure the app is great, but $30 a year ($2.49/month), every year, seems like you're asking for an awful lot of scratch for a better interface.... Good luck!

Reactions: snd92 and Gt1948
Hi.

I understand that one might think so.
I have a dream that I can make this app generate enough income to defend spending time on keeping developing it.
What people need to realize is that the target audience for an app like this is extremely small.
To qualify you need to own a Tesla.

I realize some Tesla owners might be frightened by the $2.49 per month, even though every single one of them have found the money to purchase a quite luxurious car, but I feel I have only two options:
- Try to make some money on the app sot hat I can prioritize keep developing it.
- Leave it as this and then just stop development and abandon it. Just like Remote S, Energi and Tesla CTRLS seem to have been.

I think the whole Tesla community should try to take care of any services built for them. At least that are my thoughts. :)

But then again, I understand someone might feel this app is too expensive.
I will try to make it worth the price, and to make sure no one is unhappy the app gives every user a whole week completely free trial that can be cancelled at any time.

:)

Hi everyone!

Please have a look!

Link to app:

Looks great, and I'm definitely interested! I'd strongly suggest a 1 month trial instead of a one week trial, and potentially a referral model as well where referring 5 new users gets you one month free or something to that effect. I'm looking forward to seeing further development.

Terms of service: “We will take care of your private data as best as we.” is not very encouraging. Do you use a token? Can the token be revoked without changing mytesla login credentials? What info do you store on your servers?
How often does the app poll the car?
Does it support more than one car?
A fast app has a good server and that costs money so I understand the fee, but I’d like to spend a little less for the convenience of a better interface to no more functionality than the native app.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby
Remote S lists April 13, 2017 as the last update. I wouldn't say 10 days is abandoned.
I haven't invested in an app yet, I don't even get mine for 3 more weeks but I will be buying something - just not sure what makes one app excel over the others.
A one-time purchase sits better with me than a monthly charge.. Is there maybe a way you could have in-app purchases to add features or is there a significant extra feature that this app has the others don't?

Nice work on the app, I used it for the week and I can say it works really well and I really liked how it looks. Well designed. I like how quick and responsive it is. Great work so far.

But having said that, I haven't used it after the trial. It doesn't add anything from the native app like the others have posted. I really wouldn't pay a monthly subscription fee for not just this app but really pretty much any app. But if it was a one time fee I probably would've purchased it at that point just for the quick and clean interface alone.

But like I said, I have only good things to say about the app itself. Hope you can disclose more about how security is handled because we're very picky about how our credentials are handled obviously.

Best of luck. Lmk if u change to a one time fee =)

Reactions: bharned3
Hi. I am sorry about the terms and conditions not being thoroughly explained yet.
It will be. I am currently waiting for an update to be accepted by Apple that incorporates them inside the app, and I will explain them in further detail.

Yes. Tokens are used. Password never leaves device except from when it is used to get a token from Teslas servers.
All requests without delay (schedules, delayed commands) are sent directly to Tesla using https. No server in the middle.

I am so sorry, AllenWong!
I should have checked the date of your last update. I meant to have read that there was no money in this app, that you are being sued by some patent troll, and that you had given up development because of this.
Sorry again for the false information from me.

caltechkid:
I will strongly consider the one month trial again. Thank you.
Could you point out a few of the advantages of a month long trial instead of only a week?

I understand many does not want to pay extra for better design only.
However, I feel that Tesla Plus has several features that the official app does not.
It has scheduling. Done in a way that I have seen no other apps do. It lets you set end times. Not start times. Example:
"I want my vehicle to be charged and ready to go at 08:00 every weekday". This charges the last portion of the battery as late as possible, to both save the battery and heat it before leaving.

It also has delayed commands. Long Press most buttons to delay a call to a command. "Close the sunroof in 20 minutes".

And then there is Camper mode. That leaves the AC running for hours. No need to restart it, and no need to keep an app open or anything.

I am very willing to listen to your suggestions!

I am strongly considering an option to unlock using a one time fee, and also extending the trial to one month instead of one week.

Reactions: bredi and Cowby
Hi.

What people need to realize is that the target audience for an app like this is extremely small.
To qualify you need to own a Tesla.

Hopefully, with the release of the Model 3, that target audience should become significantly larger.

Of course there is always the risk of Tesla enhancing there app. Would think that would give incentive to get money up front.

Reactions: incinie
Just downloaded and installed the app. The renderings of my car on my iPhone are far superior to Tesla's own app. For example, my seats show as beige with the green/gray trim piping (correct) while on the Tesla app they show as all black, which is wrong.

The schedule feature, which I've set, will be put to the test tomorrow.

This is one of the few of many Tesla apps that actuallly sets the bar higher and I'll be happy to pay the small monthly tab.

Great job @incinie!

• Love
Reactions: incinie
Wow!
Thank you so much, artsci!

I am glad someone actually notices these small details!
I put quite a lot of work into the car-images. They work in both themes (light and dark) and renders the car quite good. Images come from Tesla, but I modify them to make them better and fit the purpose.
I put extra work into getting the car into the scenery for the Camper mode.

I am working on taking these images further and providing a free online tool to render different kinds of images and wallpapers of peoples cars simply by pasting in a string of model numbers or logging in using their MyTesla credentials.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and please do not hesitate to send feedback through the Feedback-page inside the app.
I reply to everyone and try to take all suggestions into account.

Wow!
Thank you so much, artsci!

I am glad someone actually notices these small details!
I put quite a lot of work into the car-images. They work in both themes (light and dark) and renders the car quite good. Images come from Tesla, but I modify them to make them better and fit the purpose.
I put extra work into getting the car into the scenery for the Camper mode.

I am working on taking these images further and providing a free online tool to render different kinds of images and wallpapers of peoples cars simply by pasting in a string of model numbers or logging in using their MyTesla credentials.

Thank you so much for your kind words, and please do not hesitate to send feedback through the Feedback-page inside the app.
I reply to everyone and try to take all suggestions into account.

I've already provided feedback in the form of a question. I recently upgraded my nosecone bumper to a facelift bumper so I'd like that to show in the renderings of my car. I also have red calipers, the carbon fiber spoiler, and soon will have the arachnid wheels and would like those things to show in the renderings as well. Can't do that with the Tesla app,

Hi. I am sorry about the terms and conditions not being thoroughly explained yet.
It will be. I am currently waiting for an update to be accepted by Apple that incorporates them inside the app, and I will explain them in further detail.

Yes. Tokens are used. Password never leaves device except from when it is used to get a token from Teslas servers.
All requests without delay (schedules, delayed commands) are sent directly to Tesla using https. No server in the middle.

I am so sorry, AllenWong!
I should have checked the date of your last update. I meant to have read that there was no money in this app, that you are being sued by some patent troll, and that you had given up development because of this.
Sorry again for the false information from me.

caltechkid:
I will strongly consider the one month trial again. Thank you.
Could you point out a few of the advantages of a month long trial instead of only a week?

I understand many does not want to pay extra for better design only.
However, I feel that Tesla Plus has several features that the official app does not.
It has scheduling. Done in a way that I have seen no other apps do. It lets you set end times. Not start times. Example:
"I want my vehicle to be charged and ready to go at 08:00 every weekday". This charges the last portion of the battery as late as possible, to both save the battery and heat it before leaving.

It also has delayed commands. Long Press most buttons to delay a call to a command. "Close the sunroof in 20 minutes".

And then there is Camper mode. That leaves the AC running for hours. No need to restart it, and no need to keep an app open or anything.

I am very willing to listen to your suggestions!

I am strongly considering an option to unlock using a one time fee, and also extending the trial to one month instead of one week.

You further added to the false information about Remote S by implying things about its development health. Certainly not a good start. Remote S is excellent and its developer very responsive.

How do you do the leave time charging schedule? Do you do a test charge to estimate the charge rate and then set up a cron job to start the schedule at the appropriate time? Do you adjust for temperature effect on charge rate?

How do you do the leave time charging schedule? Do you do a test charge to estimate the charge rate and then set up a cron job to start the schedule at the appropriate time? Do you adjust for temperature effect on charge rate?

Test charges are being done, yes.
Temperature is not accounted for directly, but margins are left in the timing, and test charges should adjust for big temperature changes.
I would love to hear your feedback after testing it :)