Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to report my 2nd place podium at Global Time Attack at Buttonwillow. I competed in Enthusiast class which limited my setup but was still a great challenge. My tires were one of the biggest limiting factors. I was restricted to 255 with a minimum 220 tread wear. I also needed to include all OEM interior except the front race seats. With limitations, I was able to constantly run sub 2's and I was just .3 secs from 1st. I'll get him next time! I made a video of the whole experience for your enjoyment.

All aftermarket components are by Unplugged Performance.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.14.24 PM.png

When do they race at Spa or Monaco or like any other track other than a track in the US? It seems weird that they picked those tracks out of all of the worlds famous tracks.

Please dont say that every driver is based in the US, every team is based in the US and every racetrack in in the US but they called it "Global Time Attack"

• Funny
Reactions: MountainPass
When do they race at Spa or Monaco or like any other track other than a track in the US? It seems weird that they picked those tracks out of all of the worlds famous tracks.

Please dont say that every driver is based in the US, every team is based in the US and every racetrack in in the US but they called it "Global Time Attack"
Yeah, I really don't know their reasoning behind the name. I'm just a driver in the event. lol

Congratulations, Craig! That's a great result.

Do you know what would be the source of another 6 seconds vs this Model 3? They made 1:52.87 at Buttonwillow.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Craig! That's a great result.

Do you know what would be the source of another 6 seconds vs this Model 3? They made 1:52.87 at Buttonwillow.
Thanks Mash!

I would say the combination of driver, grip, and software hack got that well-deserved 1:52.8. Dai is a professional driver who has a lot of seat time at Buttonwillow.

Here's the main difference in cars:

Dai's Car:
Aero: Large Wing, Front Splitter and Side Skirts
Tires: Advan A052 295/35/18 200TW
Software hack to reduce TC nanny's and retain power output while tracking out of turns.
Removed some oem interior for weight savings.

My Car:
Aero: Mid Wing and Front Splitter.
Tires: Advan Apex 255/35/20 280TW
Software: Track Mode V2. Has limitations.
OEM interior is intact with the addition of front race seats and half cage.

Comparatively, I think these car specs alone are a good 6-sec difference.
I'm not comparing suspension because I don't exactly know what Dai has. Possibly a set of KW's.

When I drive Tesla Corsa my car setup is different. My PB is nearly 3.5 secs faster than the 1:58.7 I did at GTA. I am working on some stuff though. Hoping to get into the low 50's soon.

Reactions: Mash

There are some Canadians that go down there to set records, so you could call it North American Time Attack!

One of our MoTeC/Dyno Tuning customers Will has gone down and set some blazing times in his Civic. Here is his BRP time:

Unlimited FWD – 01:37.308 – William Au-Yeung PZ Tuning Vibrant Performance Honda Civic – (2018)

There are some Canadians that go down there to set records, so you could call it North American Time Attack!

One of our MoTeC/Dyno Tuning customers Will has gone down and set some blazing times in his Civic. Here is his BRP time:

Unlimited FWD – 01:37.308 – William Au-Yeung PZ Tuning Vibrant Performance Honda Civic – (2018)
If you look at in that perspective the name fits. There are people coming from around the world to drive at GTA. Canada, Australia, UK, Japan, and parts of Europe.

Care to share your braking system setup? Is it stock? or What upgrades have you given to it.
Surely. I'm pretty damn happy with my setup. Coupled with a good tire I have incredible stopping power without blasting through sets of pads every couple of track days. I have the front big brake kit to thank for that.

- Front BFB kit by Unplugged Performance. Carbon 395mm rotors with 6 piston Calipers.
- The rear is OEM performance rotors and calipers with race pads by Unplugged. I wouldn't mind upgrading this later but for now It does the job. Most of the magic happens in the front anyway.
- Steel braided lines with PFC 665 fluid.