TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Tesla Police Car Runs Out of Battery During Chase

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TMC Staff, Sep 25, 2019.

1. slave0418

slave0418 Member

Elon, create a wireless charger for those brainless "users". lol :)

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Those “brainless” users are the only reason you’re not getting your car jacked right now.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. slave0418

slave0418 Member

Ok. My bad, I should not use that word. I always support our police. But should they remember to "fill up" a car?

4. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Of course they should!
    Perhaps they need to assign the tesla to specific officers so that they get used to the routing of plugging it in after the shift is over. Same as they inspect the car post shift, they’ll get used to plugging it in

That way you don’t have a rotation of random officers who might use it once a month, so they’re not really getting into the habit of plugging it in.

• Like x 2
  5. UTMB

UTMB Member

This is a blessing in disguise. A recent fatal police chase hit close to home. Maybe there should be a cutoff switch, too.