TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Tesla Posts Q3 Profit

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by TMC Staff, Oct 23, 2019.

1. TMC Staff

Tesla posted a surprise third quarter profit on Wednesday. The company reported revenue of $6.3 billion versus estimates of 6.45 billion with a gross margin of 18.9% versus estimates of 17.7%. According to the company’s Q3 2019 Update: Last year, our story was about ramping the Model 3. While total volumes are expected to grow by approximately...
    READ FULL ARTICLE

• Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. xfea

xfea Banned

#2 xfea, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    TSLA $305.51 + $50.83

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  3. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

#3 MichaelP90DL, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    I am laughing so hard. I just posted on Yahoo News: "Suc* it, naysayers. Suc* it hard, short sellers." LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!! Go Tesla!

• Like x 2
  4. GoEV

GoEV Member

AND w/ no conventional advertising!

Love my M3--130mpg, great 0-60 and 5 star safety, no tune-ups, etc., etc.! Only thing that would be better is living in a place where I wouldn't need an expensive car at all!

• Like x 1
  5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Anybody want to put a stake in the ground on the closing price for NYSE for 10/24?

After-hours is often extreme (up or down) relative to NYSE.

6. xfea

xfea Banned

Since when did TSLA migrate to the NYSE?

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Sorry; NASDAQ.

8. hdolgin

hdolgin Member

This should teach people to not bet against Elon Musk. He is a miracle worker, and the reason I have a Tesla and own the stock! Really wish I could go to Mars too, but I'm too old for that. LOL

• Like x 3
  9. MichaelP90DL

Over at Yahoo News, there's an article and photo of a blue Model S at the Nurburgring, with a tall rear wing installed, much like the one on late model Dodge Vipers. Some guy called the car a custom race car, not a production car (like the new electric Porsche). I pointed out to the guy, as you did, don't bet against Musk. That he's just experimenting at the moment, and that he's perfectly capable of releasing an S with the new Plaid drive, modified diffusers AND a rear wing like that, should he like the performance. And that makes the "custom race car" a production car.

• Like x 1
  10. hdolgin

hdolgin Member

I agree. Between Tesla, SpaceX and the Boring Co., Musk is successful at things that few others even dream about. We need more entrepreneurs like him...the world would be a better place.

11. Quickstart88

Quickstart88 Member

I posted on MSCNBC to take a hike.

12. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

#12 jboy210, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    I actually think this is a likelihood. More Superchargers being add at the Ring, and racing tires we put into the catalog. Who says a P++ version of the S that is minimally street legal and eats a Taycan's lunch around the Ring' is not going to be available, for a big uplift. They used to have street cars that looked a lot like the race models. I had a 1970 Bose 302 Mustang. Other people had Dodge Daytona Superbirds.

As they say "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday". Studies show it still works.

Study: 'Win On Sunday, Sell On Monday' Still Holds True

• Like x 1
  13. Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak Active Member

Don't forget that one of the more important metrics of a vehicle is purchase price. As of now, a sub-$100k Tesla is being compared to a Porsche that costs nearly twice as much in terms of performance. This is always easier whenever you're in 2nd place and you know your target. Porsche chose to focus on the performance aspect while allowing the pricing aspect to cover this in hopes that people would pay a premium for a Porsche that had the #'s of a "Tesla killer". Think of how much performance Tesla can cram into a car at even a 50% higher MSRP than it currently sells. I think that's the testing we're seeing now is a "Taycan killer" for $145k or less. How's that for flipping the scales?

• Like x 3
  14. MichaelP90DL

Superbirds. I did not know the only reason they were offered for sale was for homologation. Chrysler had to sell a certain number of that model in order to qualify for NASCAR races. First time I saw a Plymouth or Dodge wing car, my immediate thought was: Who the heck would buy that? LOL

15. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

NASCAR has always had these funny "production" car rules. They used to have cut-outs of the production car's profile. Your race car had to more or less match so you weren't cheating too much aerodynamically.

• Like x 1