Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Posts Record Q1 Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla released Friday its first quarter production numbers, showing a record performance. 

The electric car maker produced a total of 180,338 vehicles and delivered a total of 184,800 cars. Tesla noted that it did not produce any Model S or Model X vehicles in Q1, but delivered 2,020 units. The lower-priced Model 3 and Model Y accounted for 180,339 cars produced and 182,780 deliveries.

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accountingModel S/X–2,0206%Model 3/Y180,338182,7807%Total180,338184,8007%

Tesla’s numbers benefitted from increased production at the company’s China factory. Giga Shanghai ramped production of the China-built Model Y during Q1. Tesla’s production numbers are likely to continue to see a bump from efforts at Giga Shanghai accelerate. 

“We are encouraged by the strong reception of the Model Y in China and are quickly progressing to full production capacity,” the company said in a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fcastrillo86
freak out other car manufacturers too soon

Too late :)

Although Tesla's sales aren't yet at the same level of the major auto manufacturers, Tesla is climbing quickly. GM has seen year over year declines for 5 years. I truly believe the only reason all other manufacturers are rushing out BEVs is because of Tesla. GM had an EV in 1995. NINETEEN NINETY FIVE. Twenty Six years ago (sorry, had to repeat that :). And what did they do with that fantastic opportunity? Squandered it. Now they're playing catch-up like the rest of them.

The problem for all the incumbents is... now Tesla is *years* ahead of them. From my observations, Tesla will stay far ahead of them. Perhaps I'm wrong though. Either way, we win!! :)

I'm not understanding the 'confusion' about the manual, the sales data, and other pertinent info about the car. Before I ordered mine online, I looked at the manual for the M3 from the Tesla site. All my questions were answered. I agree with others' posts that Tesla is not like other auto makers and can't be compared to them in how they do business. It's just an awesome car! o_O

Right, but for which car, and where is the link? If it was easy, the salesman would have sent it to me. Folks, its 2021. Where is the 2021 manual for the Model S, that is being made today? Happy Easter!
Oh, and why is it being kept a secret by the Tesla sales staff? Lots of mysteries here.

Oh @gaslessman0034 , congratulations on first post. On Earth, among those who celebrate 'Easter', a religious holiday, humans conceal the offspring of avian creatures within their houses. The offspring are trapped within a semi-crystalline lattice, and are unable to move. Upon waking, the humans would request that their own offspring seek out and collect the avian offspring, hidden within the house. Traditionally, humans eat the avian offspring that come from the semi-crystalline lattice.

The 'manual', described, above, is instructions that control and/or define the structure of the vehicle described as a 2021 Tesla Model S -- a mythical machine only described by the sublime Elon Musk (you'd like him. You have a lot in common). Unlike the semi-crystalline lattice, the manual does not enclose or trap the Model S. However, like the semi-crystalline lattice, in many ways, the manual is the source, the origin point, if you will, for the Model S (along with patents, designs and trade secrets). So it appears, that it is now customary for Elon Musk to continue this grand 'Easter' tradition, to conceal the manual for the Model S, much like he conceals the manner and making of the fabled 'Full Self Driving' (he is clever that wa
Right, but for which car, and where is the link? If it was easy, the salesman would have sent it to me. Folks, its 2021. Where is the 2021 manual for the Model S, that is being made today? Happy Easter!
Oh, and why is it being kept a secret by the Tesla sales staff? Lots of mysteries here.

Oh @gaslessman0034 , congratulations on first post. On Earth, among those who celebrate 'Easter', a religious holiday, humans conceal the offspring of avian creatures within their houses. The offspring are trapped within a semi-crystalline lattice, and are unable to move. Upon waking, the humans would request that their own offspring seek out and collect the avian offspring, hidden within the house. Traditionally, humans eat the avian offspring that come from the semi-crystalline lattice.

The 'manual', described, above, is instructions that control and/or define the structure of the vehicle described as a 2021 Tesla Model S -- a mythical machine only described by the sublime Elon Musk (you'd like him. You have a lot in common). Unlike the semi-crystalline lattice, the manual does not enclose or trap the Model S. However, like the semi-crystalline lattice, in many ways, the manual is the source, the origin point, if you will, for the Model S (along with patents, designs and trade secrets). So it appears, that it is now customary for Elon Musk to continue this grand 'Easter' tradition, to conceal the manual for the Model S, much like he conceals the manner and making of the fabled 'Full Self Driving' (he is clever that way).
Here is a link to owner’s manual.

So, this is a catch-22. You need the car, to see the manual? Buy the car, and you will get the manual? If there is any doubt, which car is being discussed, I believe some hints of it are described in this link. How 2021 Tesla Model S and Model X Will Shift Themselves into Gear
I don't understand, you have been given the link in several post. You even included the link in the screen shot of your complaint you can't get an owners manual. What is it you want?

I don't understand, you have been given the link in several post. You even included the link in the screen shot of your complaint you can't get an owners manual. What is it you want?

Attachments

• Capture10.JPG
    Capture10.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 79
It's frankly horrible. If you have people placing orders in Q1, with none being produced then that rolls over to Q2. Q2 orders are being pushed back at least eight months (and were slated for February of 2022 ... or nearly a year) and this continues to add to the backlog.

As such, greater incentive to cut corners and produce a shoddy product. Not good for the flagship product ($85K minimum) when you can't produce sufficient quantities of vehicles you could in the past.

It may be a transition to a cheaper version (3/Y) but you still would be sacrificing a portion of the user base for a vehicle that some (myself) wouldn't be interested in purchasing at this time.