Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Posts Record Q1 Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla released Friday its first quarter production numbers, showing a record performance. 

The electric car maker produced a total of 180,338 vehicles and delivered a total of 184,800 cars. Tesla noted that it did not produce any Model S or Model X vehicles in Q1, but delivered 2,020 units. The lower-priced Model 3 and Model Y accounted for 180,339 cars produced and 182,780 deliveries.

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accountingModel S/X–2,0206%Model 3/Y180,338182,7807%Total180,338184,8007%

Tesla’s numbers benefitted from increased production at the company’s China factory. Giga Shanghai ramped production of the China-built Model Y during Q1. Tesla’s production numbers are likely to continue to see a bump from efforts at Giga Shanghai accelerate. 

“We are encouraged by the strong reception of the Model Y in China and are quickly progressing to full production capacity,” the company said in a release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: fcastrillo86
What is even stranger, is that you can't get any real answers from Tesla people about the details of the car. I guess they really don't have a marketing department. Usually big companies don't operate in 'stealth mode'.
I agree but one thing that we are learning, Tesla is not like a usual big car company. It's like they have learned how not to get caught in the weeds of all that marketing nonsense. Marketing must have a killer overhead. Here's tesla moving right along just fine without one.

So there have been answers, but just fake ones? It does pique my interest as to how one might verify the authenticity of said answers. Perhaps the answers actually *were* real, but the provenance was contestable.

@Missile Toad - can you tell us more about the questions in question? Perhaps the collective can produce answers with a higher degree of authenticity.

Reactions: Missile Toad
@Missile Toad - can you tell us more about the questions in question? Perhaps the collective can produce answers with a higher degree of authenticity.
I asked the Tesla 'salesman' to give me a manual for the car, about 4 weeks ago. He replied a couple days ago, completely ignoring my request, and I asked again. Still, nothing but crickets. So, they must have serious problems in a) the design; or b) the supply chain; or c) God knows what. Otherwise, they would actually make information about the car available.
I understand the fun of having Easter eggs in the car's software. But Easter eggs in the sales process? Weird.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
I asked the Tesla 'salesman' to give me a manual for the car, about 4 weeks ago. He replied a couple days ago, completely ignoring my request, and I asked again. Still, nothing but crickets. So, they must have serious problems in a) the design; or b) the supply chain; or c) God knows what. Otherwise, they would actually make information about the car available.
I understand the fun of having Easter eggs in the car's software. But Easter eggs in the sales process? Weird.
Manual is available online, of course.

Manual is available online, of course.
Right, but for which car, and where is the link? If it was easy, the salesman would have sent it to me. Folks, its 2021. Where is the 2021 manual for the Model S, that is being made today? Happy Easter!
Oh, and why is it being kept a secret by the Tesla sales staff? Lots of mysteries here.

Oh @gaslessman0034 , congratulations on first post. On Earth, among those who celebrate 'Easter', a religious holiday, humans conceal the offspring of avian creatures within their houses. The offspring are trapped within a semi-crystalline lattice, and are unable to move. Upon waking, the humans would request that their own offspring seek out and collect the avian offspring, hidden within the house. Traditionally, humans eat the avian offspring that come from the semi-crystalline lattice.

The 'manual', described, above, is instructions that control and/or define the structure of the vehicle described as a 2021 Tesla Model S -- a mythical machine only described by the sublime Elon Musk (you'd like him. You have a lot in common). Unlike the semi-crystalline lattice, the manual does not enclose or trap the Model S. However, like the semi-crystalline lattice, in many ways, the manual is the source, the origin point, if you will, for the Model S (along with patents, designs and trade secrets). So it appears, that it is now customary for Elon Musk to continue this grand 'Easter' tradition, to conceal the manual for the Model S, much like he conceals the manner and making of the fabled 'Full Self Driving' (he is clever that way).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.11.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.11.47 AM.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: David29
So one million Tesla's sold in 2021?
Yes, and I think the hesitance of Tesla to call target sales numbers is because of (1) they don't know how high above 1 million they might go and (2) they won't freak out other car manufacturers too soon. 1 million vehicles is a big enough number to start making serious dent in sales of other car manufactures (not just BMW).

Reactions: AlexVCo