TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Power Wall 2 Install Cost

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by asmite, Apr 11, 2019.

1. asmite

asmite Member

I just got a quote for PV + 2 PowerWall install. The additional 2 Power Wall to the quote added $22k, which it seem strange to me since Tesla web site shows PW2 for is $14.5k including the supporting hardware. If my math is right, the installation labor/permit in my quote is $7.5k.

Is this a typical "out-the-door" price everyone is seeing?

2. Babaron

Babaron Member

Too high. Check for errors or unnecessary additions, like hidden conduit or panel upgrade.

3. Kenne74

Kenne74 Member

I have a similar quote of just under $21k for 2 powerwalls. Seems the excess is going to panel upgrade... I plan to ask more question when the time comes for installation since I already have a 200amp panel does it really need to be upgraded.

4. RoBoRaT

RoBoRaT Zero Farts Given!

$19950 for 2 PW in SoCal quoted/contract as of Feb 2019.

+ 1500 for hidden conduit install.

5. SoundDaTrumpet

#5 SoundDaTrumpet, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    The $1000-$3000 installation cost on the website is about right. My installation was proven to take one day, so I was on the far left. Electrical upgrades for my project subcontracted as HARD quotes with Tesla making no money changing main service panels, which is north of $3000. Hidden conduit costs appear to be charged in $500 increments, mine starting at $1000. The hidden conduit are supposed to be not-to-exceed dollar amounts.