Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Power Wall 2 Install Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a quote for PV + 2 PowerWall install. The additional 2 Power Wall to the quote added $22k, which it seem strange to me since Tesla web site shows PW2 for is $14.5k including the supporting hardware. If my math is right, the installation labor/permit in my quote is $7.5k.

Is this a typical "out-the-door" price everyone is seeing?

I have a similar quote of just under $21k for 2 powerwalls. Seems the excess is going to panel upgrade... I plan to ask more question when the time comes for installation since I already have a 200amp panel does it really need to be upgraded.

I just got a quote for PV + 2 PowerWall install. The additional 2 Power Wall to the quote added $22k, which it seem strange to me since Tesla web site shows PW2 for is $14.5k including the supporting hardware. If my math is right, the installation labor/permit in my quote is $7.5k.

Is this a typical "out-the-door" price everyone is seeing?

$19950 for 2 PW in SoCal quoted/contract as of Feb 2019.

+ 1500 for hidden conduit install.

The $1000-$3000 installation cost on the website is about right. My installation was proven to take one day, so I was on the far left. Electrical upgrades for my project subcontracted as HARD quotes with Tesla making no money changing main service panels, which is north of $3000. Hidden conduit costs appear to be charged in $500 increments, mine starting at $1000. The hidden conduit are supposed to be not-to-exceed dollar amounts.

Last edited: