TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Powerwall Installation E-Mail

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by shadowinstallz, Feb 11, 2016.

1. shadowinstallz

just received an email this morning with a survey......anyone else receive this? or any known installations in process in the US?

2. DJ Frustration

DJ Frustration Model X Sig, Former Model S, Model 3 Res

3. KKelly

KKelly Member

Yes. The survey asked for my PG&E data for the last year, the most recent bill, and my solar summary for 2015.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes I got that email this morning. I'm in California. I made a Powerwall "reservation" the day after the Tesla Energy launch event last year.
    I am not aware of any Powerwall deliveries yet in the US but maybe this survey is a good sign.

5. tezzla

tezzla Member

Yes, got the same email. I hope this is a sign!

6. fancycar

fancycar Member

Got one too.
    Hoping for the follow up phone call "soon"...

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Still waiting for mine!

8. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

So received in NY, FL, CA and WA but not New England yet. Wonder if there's any kind of pattern forming...

9. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

We received the email on Thursday and today submitted the info (latest utility bill, year's data from electricity provider, and year's data of solar output).

10. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

I got the email also...I reserved on two separate occasions, because I was not sure that the first reservation was actually recorded!

11. OConnorStP

OConnorStP Member

Got one here in WI several days ago (basically Twin Cities, Minnesota). Still debating whether to fill it out.

12. Stealth

Stealth Member

I won a Powerwall from the first referral program and got the email. It asked me if I want to proceed with the installation or get a $3,500 credit. The referral program said it included installation. I am wondering if it will include the required inverter or not, does anyone know? I don't have solar panels and don't plan on installing them anytime soon. I also read the Solar City charges over $7,000 for a Powerwall including installation. Anyone heard of other installed costs?

13. dusterbuster

dusterbuster Member

No inverter is included. Tesla provides the powerwall plus $1k credit for installation costs. You're required to pay for any additional equipment required (e.g., costs for new inverter if your current inverter is incompatible), and any excess installation costs above $1k. This is based on a follow-up call I had with Tesla this afternoon after filling out the survey online. I'm going to get the interconnection application process started, but will hold off on installation until SolarEdge (hopefully) makes my SolarEdge 10000 inverter compatible with the powerwall (currently only the 7600? model is compatible).

14. tga

tga Active Member

I got it in MA on 2/11. I ignored it, since we are moving and didn't want to start the process yet.