Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Powerwall Installation E-Mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won a Powerwall from the first referral program and got the email. It asked me if I want to proceed with the installation or get a $3,500 credit. The referral program said it included installation. I am wondering if it will include the required inverter or not, does anyone know? I don't have solar panels and don't plan on installing them anytime soon. I also read the Solar City charges over $7,000 for a Powerwall including installation. Anyone heard of other installed costs?

I won a Powerwall from the first referral program and got the email. It asked me if I want to proceed with the installation or get a $3,500 credit. The referral program said it included installation. I am wondering if it will include the required inverter or not, does anyone know? I don't have solar panels and don't plan on installing them anytime soon. I also read the Solar City charges over $7,000 for a Powerwall including installation. Anyone heard of other installed costs?

No inverter is included. Tesla provides the powerwall plus $1k credit for installation costs. You're required to pay for any additional equipment required (e.g., costs for new inverter if your current inverter is incompatible), and any excess installation costs above $1k. This is based on a follow-up call I had with Tesla this afternoon after filling out the survey online. I'm going to get the interconnection application process started, but will hold off on installation until SolarEdge (hopefully) makes my SolarEdge 10000 inverter compatible with the powerwall (currently only the 7600? model is compatible).