Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla pr takes a holiday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been a very busy month for tesla, growing sales, world wide expansion supercharger networks development across multiple countries. The company has really been performing. One department, not keeping pace seems to be pr department. Musk has been a huge part of providing the pr but there seems little support behind him in that. Perhaps that's his choice, but maybe not a wise one.

Example: the decision about letting tesla have a dealership in Virginia not well publicized. A major victory for their business model. Look at all the negative stories about Texas, Virginia and North Carolina along with ny legislature attempts to ban them. They should be crowing about that with multiple news stories. Yes we all know about it here on the forum but we are not the target audience. Tweets from him enlisting support for the battle were released by him but none trumpeting the success in Virginia

Example: super charger opens in Virginia this week. I am sure there will be a tweet on day it opens (Thursday I believe), but anyone following tesla by twitter is not the sole audience. Not even reason to wait for opening to announce. Perhaps articles about it being built and it's purpose would keep it visible to Virginians and make them think about tesla again, unpaid advertising.

Example: the announcement in Germany mostly deals with, well Germany but it's a great story for the rest of the world and pre announcement pr build up about teslas determination to thrive in german market would play to the world. Not a coincidence and totally avoidable, that a German car magazine trumped his talk with an article about registration numbers in Germany. Anyone else wondering about that coincidence? I hope there is more than just a press release and why wait for Thursday. It already happened.

Maybe be it's even time to start releasing qtr production numbers rather than deliveries or even both numbers. Everyone knows they don't build up inventory for later sales. Cars are produced on order. As cars are shipped overseas there would not have to be explanations for them being in transit. It would create a clearer picture.

A dearth of information produces an opportunity for others to fill the void with their own agenda. Can be proven wrong later but the story remains in some minds

Example: the announcement in Germany mostly deals with, well Germany but it's a great story for the rest of the world and pre announcement pr build up about teslas determination to thrive in german market would play to the world. Not a coincidence and totally avoidable, that a German car magazine trumped his talk with an article about registration numbers in Germany. Anyone else wondering about that coincidence? I hope there is more than just a press release and why wait for Thursday. It already happened.

I think the reasoning for Thursday release is to avoid being drowned out in media buzz around other companies. Netflix reported earnings last night and Apple has the big media event today that the whole world is watching and waiting for new iPads. So Thursday really is the first day that they could make an impact on the news...