Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Product Announcement at noon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doubt the announcement will be anything hardware related (i.e. autopilot 2.0, new battery pack) as this could jeopardize Q3 deliveries…specifically cars that are in transit that do not have the new hardware could be refused by their owners which would negatively impact delivery expectations.

Also, historically, Tesla has made hardware announcements during the first couple of weeks of a new quarter (dual motor, ludicrous mode etc.) for exactly this reason.

Guess we will find out very soon!

That's exactly why I'm thinking it'll be a "hey, this stuff is in flight now" kind of thing.

That's what it would be... everything in flight already has a software upgradeable battery. Although, now that I think about it Tesla did announce the D while the non-Ds were still shipping. I don't think that went too badly. Whatever got cancelled/refused became inventory that they resold fairly quickly into markets where AWD isn't very important.

Doubt the announcement will be anything hardware related (i.e. autopilot 2.0, new battery pack) as this could jeopardize Q3 deliveries…specifically cars that are in transit that do not have the new hardware could be refused by their owners which would negatively impact delivery expectations.

Currently shipping 90s are probably already 100s so that wouldn't be a problem. AP 2.0 would be more of a problem unless a refit was also announced with cost less then or equal to $2500.