Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Model X Design Studio Walkthrough Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, folks,

Since I'm hoping not to have access to the Model X Design Studio for too much longer, I decided to do a design studio walkthrough video, showing pricing and all the options. It's a long video (40 minutes!) as I go into some detail about the various options and provide some commentary on those. The first 10 minutes or so will give you a high level view of the options and pricing from top to bottom.

So if you don't have access yet and want the details on everything (including that hidden Easter egg high amperage charger), check out the video here:

Tesla Model X Production Design Studio Walkthrough - YouTube

Let me know what you think. I haven't done too many YouTube videos before but I'm pretty sure I can add notes/annotations in case I need to clarify anything.

Enjoy!

-Chris

Nice work. That's so much!!! Very appreciated. Would give you more reputation, but forum won't let me give you anymore.

--update--
I did "thumbs up" your video on YouTube - I think I was the first one. :)

Last edited:
Spread it around, vandacca! :) Glad you enjoyed it. I finished it off around 2:00 AM but before I started slurring my speech (too much).

And no, I can't do another version of that video with photoshopped black wheels. :)

-CB
Trying to preempt my request? Haha! ;-) No worries, I've had access for a week and a half now, and should for quite awhile longer. Unless I can convince the CFO my measuring can be trusted.

Looks like I'm going to have to spread it around a bit more too!

Trying to preempt my request? Haha! ;-) No worries, I've had access for a week and a half now, and should for quite awhile longer. Unless I can convince the CFO my measuring can be trusted.
In a similar boat with my "CFO." The spend is one thing -- I think she's relenting on that -- but now we're having color "discussions." She's leaning toward midnight silver and I'm leaning toward blue. It would be so great if we could see real Model Xes in the flesh in a variety of colors, but the S will have to do. We're planning to hit one of the local showrooms that has a large number of CPO and inventory Model Ses so we can see how the colors look on those. In NYC, I think I've seen a total of 4 or 5 Model Ses on the streets *ever* - I'm sure there are more out in the 'burbs, but in the city itself, very few.

The one good thing is that I was happy enough with the black multi-pattern seats, but she said, "if we're paying this much for a car, it should have leather seats" so then that opens the door to the Performance Upgrade Package with its nifty LED lighting, Alcantara headliner and apocalypse-ready air filter. :)

In a similar boat with my "CFO." The spend is one thing -- I think she's relenting on that -- but now we're having color "discussions." She's leaning toward midnight silver and I'm leaning toward blue. It would be so great if we could see real Model Xes in the flesh in a variety of colors, but the S will have to do. We're planning to hit one of the local showrooms that has a large number of CPO and inventory Model Ses so we can see how the colors look on those. In NYC, I think I've seen a total of 4 or 5 Model Ses on the streets *ever* - I'm sure there are more out in the 'burbs, but in the city itself, very few.

The one good thing is that I was happy enough with the black multi-pattern seats, but she said, "if we're paying this much for a car, it should have leather seats" so then that opens the door to the Performance Upgrade Package with its nifty LED lighting, Alcantara headliner and apocalypse-ready air filter. :)
We haven't even begun having color discussions. I *think* we're on the same page there. As they say, "Good luck with that!" Ha!

I like the metallic blue, but I think I might prefer the midnight silver a little more. However, my CFO is dead-set against blue. Must be a CFO thing. :)

I like the metallic blue, but I think I might prefer the midnight silver a little more. However, my CFO is dead-set against blue. Must be a CFO thing. :)
Must be! Mine loved the old dark blue but hates the new brighter shade. While I do like it, I haven't been considering it. I've been leaning toward a light color like white or (now that it's back) silver for ease of maintenance, but that midnight silver is starting to grow on me. I might just be slipping down the dark color rabbit hole! Aaahhhh! ;-)

Thanks for the video. Nice to get a sneak peek. :smile:

BTW, it's it "E-lon" Musk, not "eL-on" Musk? I had to check if I was saying it wrong all these years. :eek:

Doh. I was wondering about that. Hard to fix that one with a note. :eek: But thanks for paying attention. :) I always think of the word élan (which Elon has in spades), hence the confusion. Also, Eeeelon pronounces Tesla as if it had a Z in it, so I won't be too hard on myself.

I also forgot the "von" in von Holzhausen's name but I did cover that up with a note... at least the first time :)

-CB

- - - Updated - - -

Mine loved the old dark blue...
Ditto!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doh. I was wondering about that. Hard to fix that one with a note. :eek: But thanks for paying attention. :) I always think of the word élan (which Elon has in spades), hence the confusion. Also, Eeeelon pronounces Tesla as if it had a Z in it, so I won't be too hard on myself.

Good point. I still don't know if it's "Tesla" or "Tezla"!

Thanks again for showing all the options!

Thanks for making this video, for FREEEEE :wink:
You're welcome. But if it gets popular, I might monetize it with an ad. Gotta pay for that X somehow. :) I did a video a few months ago (not Tesla-related) that's up over 400,000 views. That one does have an ad.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to contact a mod to rename this thread to Model *X* though (instead of Model S). I filled out the "Contact Us" form on the site but I'm guessing there's an easier way. It doesn't look like I can edit the thread title myself (unless I missed something). Suggestions anyone?

-CB

I'm having trouble figuring out how to contact a mod to rename this thread to Model *X* though (instead of Model S). I filled out the "Contact Us" form on the site but I'm guessing there's an easier way. It doesn't look like I can edit the thread title myself (unless I missed something). Suggestions anyone?

-CB
The best way to get the mods attention, so I've been told, is to report the thread. Which I've done. ;-)