TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Production Model X Design Studio Walkthrough Video

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MrBoylan, Dec 10, 2015.

1. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Hey, folks,

Since I'm hoping not to have access to the Model X Design Studio for too much longer, I decided to do a design studio walkthrough video, showing pricing and all the options. It's a long video (40 minutes!) as I go into some detail about the various options and provide some commentary on those. The first 10 minutes or so will give you a high level view of the options and pricing from top to bottom.

So if you don't have access yet and want the details on everything (including that hidden Easter egg high amperage charger), check out the video here:

Tesla Model X Production Design Studio Walkthrough - YouTube

Let me know what you think. I haven't done too many YouTube videos before but I'm pretty sure I can add notes/annotations in case I need to clarify anything.

Enjoy!

-Chris

2. CarlK

CarlK Member

Thanks, Should be able to get me through the few days before my number is called likely next week.

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

#3 vandacca, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Nice work. That's so much!!! Very appreciated. Would give you more reputation, but forum won't let me give you anymore.

--update--
    I did "thumbs up" your video on YouTube - I think I was the first one. :)

4. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Spread it around, vandacca! :) Glad you enjoyed it. I finished it off around 2:00 AM but before I started slurring my speech (too much).

And no, I can't do another version of that video with photoshopped black wheels. :)

-CB

5. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks CB, nice job and we appreciate your efforts.

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Trying to preempt my request? Haha! ;-) No worries, I've had access for a week and a half now, and should for quite awhile longer. Unless I can convince the CFO my measuring can be trusted.

Looks like I'm going to have to spread it around a bit more too!

7. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

In a similar boat with my "CFO." The spend is one thing -- I think she's relenting on that -- but now we're having color "discussions." She's leaning toward midnight silver and I'm leaning toward blue. It would be so great if we could see real Model Xes in the flesh in a variety of colors, but the S will have to do. We're planning to hit one of the local showrooms that has a large number of CPO and inventory Model Ses so we can see how the colors look on those. In NYC, I think I've seen a total of 4 or 5 Model Ses on the streets *ever* - I'm sure there are more out in the 'burbs, but in the city itself, very few.

The one good thing is that I was happy enough with the black multi-pattern seats, but she said, "if we're paying this much for a car, it should have leather seats" so then that opens the door to the Performance Upgrade Package with its nifty LED lighting, Alcantara headliner and apocalypse-ready air filter. :)

8. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

We haven't even begun having color discussions. I *think* we're on the same page there. As they say, "Good luck with that!" Ha!

9. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

#9 MorrisonHiker, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks for the video. Nice to get a sneak peek. :smile:

BTW, isn't it "E-lon" Musk, not "eL-on" Musk? I had to check if I was saying it wrong all these years. :eek:

10. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I like the metallic blue, but I think I might prefer the midnight silver a little more. However, my CFO is dead-set against blue. Must be a CFO thing. :)

11. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Must be! Mine loved the old dark blue but hates the new brighter shade. While I do like it, I haven't been considering it. I've been leaning toward a light color like white or (now that it's back) silver for ease of maintenance, but that midnight silver is starting to grow on me. I might just be slipping down the dark color rabbit hole! Aaahhhh! ;-)

12. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

#12 MrBoylan, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Doh. I was wondering about that. Hard to fix that one with a note. :eek: But thanks for paying attention. :) I always think of the word élan (which Elon has in spades), hence the confusion. Also, Eeeelon pronounces Tesla as if it had a Z in it, so I won't be too hard on myself.

I also forgot the "von" in von Holzhausen's name but I did cover that up with a note... at least the first time :)

-CB

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto!

13. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Good point. I still don't know if it's "Tesla" or "Tezla"!

Thanks again for showing all the options!

14. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

OK, I must have been hedging my bets because at 32:39, I said "eel-on" but at 16:00, it might have been el-on. I think we can let that slide. :)

15. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

You might want to change the title of this thread. Just sayin'.

16. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

Ouch. You're right. Bad typo! X not S!

17. 1208

1208 Active Member

Thanks for making this video, for FREEEEE :wink:

18. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

You're welcome. But if it gets popular, I might monetize it with an ad. Gotta pay for that X somehow. :) I did a video a few months ago (not Tesla-related) that's up over 400,000 views. That one does have an ad.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to contact a mod to rename this thread to Model *X* though (instead of Model S). I filled out the "Contact Us" form on the site but I'm guessing there's an easier way. It doesn't look like I can edit the thread title myself (unless I missed something). Suggestions anyone?

-CB

19. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

The best way to get the mods attention, so I've been told, is to report the thread. Which I've done. ;-)

20. KristianW

KristianW Member

Thank you very much for doing this! I was happy to see that the regular has a spoiler, even if it´s not an active spoiler as on the P90D. I expected it to be without a spoiler until this video. The P90D will not be an option for us.